What's new

How many Hunter fans out there collecting the DVD?? (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I'm sure all of the Hunter fans out there are aware that Anchor Bay has somewhat dropped the Anchor on future Hunter releases. Although they have not 100% given up on it, they have communicated to me that it's in limbo. So we need everyone who wants to see the last four seasons released to drop Anchor Bay a line and ask them to complete the series. If they get tonnes of emails, it just may work!!

Justin V

Auditioning
Consider it done.

[email protected]

[email protected]

FWIW, Anchor Bay says it's looking at the financial viability of releasing additional seasons. It has so far released three of seven.

Cannell reckons all seven seasons will eventually be released.

If Anchor Bay does finally pass on the remaining seasons, I wonder if Cannell could do a deal with another distributor?

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
We had another thread about this a couple of months or so ago. I dropped AB an email supporting the full series release of Hunter on dvd. Hopefully they'll get back on the ball and we'll get to finish collecting the rest of the series. Fingers crossed!

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I still cannot believe that something like Doogie Howser has outsold Hunter and is now almost complete as far as season releases go. Not offence to Doogie fans, but are there really more of them than Hunter fans??

By the way, whomever wants to email AB can try this person. She's apparently high up in the TV/DVD dept.

[email protected]

Sean D.

Agent
I have never seen this show but have heard that it is similar to The A-Team which I own all five seasons of and love. Can anyone recommend this for me.
thanks

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't compare it to the A-Team.

Hunter, played by Fred Dryer, is a no nonsense detective sergeant that believes in getting the job done. His partner Dee Dee McCall, played by Stepfanie Kramer, is cut from the same cloth. Hunter and McCall prefer to work aone since their partners are always getting hurt. Forced to work together they become a team.

Hunter isn't well liked by his supervisors in the first few seasons, he's not afraid to wreck a car in the pursuit of a suspect, and is only issued the worst cars on the lot.

Action packed with a little humor thrown in, this is one of my favorite series from the 80's. I highly recommend the series.
Hunter and McCall

Josh LM

Stunt Coordinator
I am probably going to order at least the first 2 seasons from DDD.com. I've never seen the show, but I like other 80's action/cop shows, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I never seen the show either... but I went ahead and ordered all 3 seasons that DDD had on sale. They showed up yesterday... but I haven't had the chance to check them out yet.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
You'll love this show if you like '80s cop shows. I just wish that they'd put out the rest of the series. Last year, several of us here emailed Anchor Bay, trying to get them to keep up the series. I maintain hope that they will continue releasing season sets. I'm especially interested in the 3 parter "City Under Siege" episodes in season 5. That was really intense! Fortunately, I caught them on TV Land last year and recorded them on my DVR. I still want to get all seven seasons, the tv movies, and Fred Dryer's short lived Land's End series. I highly recommend Hunter, and I find myself often comparing Hunter and McCall with Stabler and Benson of L&O:SVU. All seriously intense characters portrayed by first class actors. You won't regret picking up the season sets. Enjoy!

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Last night I watched Disc 1 of Season 1... the first disc has the double length pilot... and the following 2 episodes. So far I am loving every minute of it!! The 2 lead actors seem to have great chemistry together... the show is loaded with lots of great action... and I even found myself laughing out loud on several occasions. I am thrilled I got all 3 seasons from the sale. And an extra plus... with all the shows I got from the sale... Season 1 was $17.99 and I got seasons 2 and 3 for free... so I got the 3 seasons for only $17.99... what more could you ask?
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Hunter was like a tv Dirty Harry. Don't have the dvds, but I used to watch the show.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will

Yeah, I often thought how great it would be if Dirty Harry and Hunter teamed up to track a vigilante serial killer making his way through the major cities on the west coast. That serial killer would be none other than Charles Bronson's character of Paul Kersey from the Deathwish movies. I guess that's where fanfic comes in because with different studios owning the rights to different characters and big name actors involved, there's just no way that a movie like that would ever be green lighted. It would sure kick ass though! :)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
The show is great. One of my favorites. I'm very upset that Anchor Bay has decided not to release any more seasons..
It's a shame considering some of the other crap they have decided to release..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks