What's new

How many Humphrey Bogart Bluray's do you own (1 Viewer)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I wish WBArchive would start releasing more Bogart ! :huh: Every month I hope, but Nothing. ?? :( Why ? Are they tired of him ? We Want More Bogart ! :)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Hope would've been fun.

Seriously though, Allyson was a last minute replacement for Shelley Winters whose pregnancy forced her to drop out. Two years earlier, Allyson was forced to drop out from Royal Wedding because she was pregnant and replaced by Jane Powell. And of course, every film buff knows that Vera Miles' pregnancy caused her to drop out of Vertigo! Oh, how many times pregnancy changed the course of cinema! :)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Marked Woman: Bogart's role is minimal but Bette Davis is sensational.
High Sierra: The Bogart movie where Bogart became Bogart and the rest as they say is history.
Battle Circus: Bogart and June Allyson. Who could ask for anything more?
We're No Angels: If I could choose just one Bogart movie to make it to blu ray, this is the one!
You know which one I'd delete from the list. :D

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Seriously though, Allyson was a last minute replacement for Shelley Winters whose pregnancy forced her to drop out. Two years earlier, Allyson was forced to drop out from Royal Wedding because she was pregnant and replaced by Jane Powell. And of course, every film buff knows that Vera Miles' pregnancy caused her to drop out of Vertigo! Oh, how many times pregnancy changed the course of cinema! :)
Even though Powell may not be my favorite soprano, at least she doesn't have a frog in her throat, and she dances better than the other blonde. She's even better looking!
Can you imagine Too Late Now, written for Garland, sung by Allyson? Sacrilege, sir!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Even though Powell may not be my favorite soprano, at least she doesn't have a frog in her throat, and she dances better than the other blonde. She's even better looking!
Can you imagine Too Late Now, written for Garland, sung by Allyson? Sacrilege, sir!

That's a million dollar froggy voice! MGM wanted Allyson to take voice lessons to make her husky voice more "normal". Van Johnson said, "You're nuts! That's a million dollar voice!" MGM let her keep her voice and sure enough, Allyson brought in millions for the studio! Can you imagine Kathleen Turner, Patricia Neal or Tallulah Bankhead robbed of their froggy voices? Now that's sacrilege! :) Sorry but Powell is not a better dancer than Junebug. Powell is and always was a singer. Allyson started out on Broadway as a dancer in Cole Porter's Panama Hattie with Ethel Merman. As she proved in Good News, Words And Music and Till The Clouds Roll By, the girl is a dancer!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
That's a million dollar froggy voice! MGM wanted Allyson to take voice lessons to make her husky voice more "normal". Van Johnson said, "You're nuts! That's a million dollar voice!" MGM let her keep her voice and sure enough, Allyson brought in millions for the studio! Can you imagine Kathleen Turner, Patricia Neal or Tallulah Bankhead robbed of their froggy voices? Now that's sacrilege! :) Sorry but Powell is not a better dancer than Junebug. Powell is and always was a singer. Allyson started out on Broadway as a dancer in Cole Porter's Panama Hattie with Ethel Merman. As she proved in Good News, Words And Music and Till The Clouds Roll By, the girl is a dancer!
True, she started as a B'way hoofer but she didn't dance with Astaire. And the husky voices that you quote, and that I adore, did not ever attempt to sing.
But we digress, since this is a thread dedicated to Bogart! :)

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
So apparently more Bogart is available on Blu-ray that I didn't know about, but in Region 2. There's Sahara, which might be OOP (but is available on eBay).

And there's this box set which came out last October (Dead Reckoning/Knock on Any Door/Tokyo Joe/In a Lonely Place/The Harder They Fall)

Translating a French review site, it sounds like Sahara is nicely restored. Here's hoping there's also a R1 release for all these titles someday (except of course Lonely Place is already on Criterion).

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Well, my absolute favourites are Casablance, The Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep and The African Queen.
My very modest Blu ray collection is'
  1. The Maltese Falcon
  2. Casablanca (2012 box set)
  3. The Big Sleep
  4. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
  5. The African Queen
  6. Beat the Devil
  7. Sabrina
  8. To Have or Have Not
  9. Key Largo
  10. The Caine Mutiny
I thought I only had maybe half a dozen until I counted! What a formidable actor.....

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Well, my absolute favourites are Casablance, The Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep and The African Queen.
My very modest Blu ray collection is'
  1. The Maltese Falcon
  2. Casablanca (2012 box set)
  3. The Big Sleep
  4. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
  5. The African Queen
  6. Beat the Devil
  7. Sabrina
  8. To Have or Have Not
  9. Key Largo
  10. The Caine Mutiny
I thought I only had maybe half a dozen until I counted! What a formidable actor.....
It's a bingo! But where is Criterion's In A Lonely Place?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I have a few Humphrey Bogart movies on Blu-ray disc:

Casablanca
Thank Your Lucky Stars
Passage To Marseilles
To Have And Have Not
The Big Sleep
Dark Passage
Key Largo
In A Lonely Place
The Enforcer
The African Queen
Deadline USA
Beat The Devil
Sabrina
The Barefoot Contessa

I haven't upgraded from DVD either The Maltese Falcon or The Caine Mutiny.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Not enough, Columbia need to release Sahara on this side of the pond

All on blu

1621343151015.png

1621343197804.png

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I own 12 Bogart Blurays and 11 HD Digital on Amazon Prime ! :D
I'm not sure if you have added them since your original post but you were missing these from WAC:
Dark Passage
The Big Sleep
To Have and To Have not

And this one from WHV:
Treasure of Sierra Madre

Wac has released quite a few Bogart movies

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I'm not sure if you have added them since your original post but you were missing these from WAC:
Dark Passage
The Big Sleep
To Have and To Have not

And this one from WHV:
Treasure of Sierra Madre

Wac has released quite a few Bogart movies
Those are Bogart movies I don't care for. I read Chain Lightning 1950 is coming from WBArchive. That was Not a Good one for Bogey either. I Love Eleanor Parker too. They Drive By Night needs to be released !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks