How many Humphrey Bogart Bluray's do you own

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
I wish WBArchive would start releasing more Bogart ! :huh: Every month I hope, but Nothing. ?? :( Why ? Are they tired of him ? We Want More Bogart ! :)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Hope would've been fun.
Seriously though, Allyson was a last minute replacement for Shelley Winters whose pregnancy forced her to drop out. Two years earlier, Allyson was forced to drop out from Royal Wedding because she was pregnant and replaced by Jane Powell. And of course, every film buff knows that Vera Miles' pregnancy caused her to drop out of Vertigo! Oh, how many times pregnancy changed the course of cinema! :)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Marked Woman: Bogart's role is minimal but Bette Davis is sensational.
High Sierra: The Bogart movie where Bogart became Bogart and the rest as they say is history.
Battle Circus: Bogart and June Allyson. Who could ask for anything more?
We're No Angels: If I could choose just one Bogart movie to make it to blu ray, this is the one!
You know which one I'd delete from the list. :D

Reactions: Jeff Flugel

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Seriously though, Allyson was a last minute replacement for Shelley Winters whose pregnancy forced her to drop out. Two years earlier, Allyson was forced to drop out from Royal Wedding because she was pregnant and replaced by Jane Powell. And of course, every film buff knows that Vera Miles' pregnancy caused her to drop out of Vertigo! Oh, how many times pregnancy changed the course of cinema! :)
Even though Powell may not be my favorite soprano, at least she doesn't have a frog in her throat, and she dances better than the other blonde. She's even better looking!
Can you imagine Too Late Now, written for Garland, sung by Allyson? Sacrilege, sir!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Even though Powell may not be my favorite soprano, at least she doesn't have a frog in her throat, and she dances better than the other blonde. She's even better looking!
Can you imagine Too Late Now, written for Garland, sung by Allyson? Sacrilege, sir!
That's a million dollar froggy voice! MGM wanted Allyson to take voice lessons to make her husky voice more "normal". Van Johnson said, "You're nuts! That's a million dollar voice!" MGM let her keep her voice and sure enough, Allyson brought in millions for the studio! Can you imagine Kathleen Turner, Patricia Neal or Tallulah Bankhead robbed of their froggy voices? Now that's sacrilege! :) Sorry but Powell is not a better dancer than Junebug. Powell is and always was a singer. Allyson started out on Broadway as a dancer in Cole Porter's Panama Hattie with Ethel Merman. As she proved in Good News, Words And Music and Till The Clouds Roll By, the girl is a dancer!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
That's a million dollar froggy voice! MGM wanted Allyson to take voice lessons to make her husky voice more "normal". Van Johnson said, "You're nuts! That's a million dollar voice!" MGM let her keep her voice and sure enough, Allyson brought in millions for the studio! Can you imagine Kathleen Turner, Patricia Neal or Tallulah Bankhead robbed of their froggy voices? Now that's sacrilege! :) Sorry but Powell is not a better dancer than Junebug. Powell is and always was a singer. Allyson started out on Broadway as a dancer in Cole Porter's Panama Hattie with Ethel Merman. As she proved in Good News, Words And Music and Till The Clouds Roll By, the girl is a dancer!
True, she started as a B'way hoofer but she didn't dance with Astaire. And the husky voices that you quote, and that I adore, did not ever attempt to sing.
But we digress, since this is a thread dedicated to Bogart! :)

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lendrena