How many here have German Speakers??

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Luitz, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Luitz

Luitz Stunt Coordinator

Wondering if anyone has or heard any German made speakers. And if so make and model please.
    Such as Canton,Heco,Mb quart,Magnat and any I might have missed
    Thanks for your responce...[​IMG]

2. Bob K

Bob K Stunt Coordinator

Luitz,

Your question made me realize that I've never really thought about the origin of the speakers and drivers (I've been doing some diy) I listen to, but come to think of it I don't think I've ever heard a German speaker. Everything I have (I think) is from the US, the UK or Japan (Fostex drivers).

I may hear some soon, however. I've been dying to hear a pair of Avantgarde horn speakers, and I'm working on getting myself invited over to the home of a friend of a friend who has a pair of Trios. Wish me luck!

(US-made) Tempest Construction Pix: http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/m...view_album.php

3. francisco-a

francisco-a Agent

I have heard Quadral speakers. I dont remember the model, but they were bookshelfs and they where like 10 years old.

They sound really great.

Hope it helps.

4. John Di Lauro

John Di Lauro Stunt Coordinator

5. Will Rainford

Will Rainford Auditioning

Luitz,

A rep at my local Myer-Emco says he has a pair of Canton Karat M60's. He told me this past saturday that they sound incredible and would recommend to anyone to buy a set. Unfortunately they are special order only; so they did not have a set to demo in the store. I will see if he will be good enough to let me listen to his at his house.

I don't know what surrounds or sub he is using but he raves about the Karat series, especially the silver finish.

I will keep you posted, if I am succesful at listening to his.

Regards,

Will

6. Mark gas

Mark gas Second Unit

Is MB Quart still made in Germany or have they moved all there production to the US.

7. Luitz

Luitz Stunt Coordinator

8. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Stunt Coordinator

I have canton ergo 90 speakers. They are sweet. Got em ages ago but they still hold up so well against speakers costing 2 or 3 times costlier.

9. David*RT

David*RT Stunt Coordinator

I travel to Germany quite often and can confirm, like all things made in Germany, the speaker quality is amazing!

Only problem, like all things German, you have to PAY a GOOD amount for it. [​IMG]

10. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    As you can imagine, I have an affinity for most things German! Henry Kloss, Paul Klipsch, David Hafler, Julian Hirsch, Saul Marantz, Dahlquist, Koss, Sennheiser – where would audio be without the Germans? Even the term we use for frequencies, “Hertz” – German.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

11. Scott_N

Scott_N Second Unit

I've heard Audio Physic speakers and thought they were quite excellent. The Virgo III and Avanti III models are very transparent and dynamic.

12. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

I have MB Quarts in my car, but after recently finding out that the company is now owned by Fosgate I probably won't buy their products any more.

Other than that, I'm all for German products! After all, Bunge is a German name! [​IMG]

13. JohnFF

JohnFF Agent

I have MB Quart Domain bookshelf speakers in a secondary room. I've always liked them.

14. Mike Mitrook

Mike Mitrook Agent

I have multiple MB Quart speakers. I still have my first set (390) in my music system. For HT in the family room I have the D45 towers, Center, and Balcony surrounds. It used to be that German speakers were considered to be "forward" in their sound. I don't think that is really the case anymore.
    Mike

15. Mike Carter

Mike Carter Agent

Anyone hear of Krauss (I think that is the spelling) speakers? A local high end home theatre store here in Tampa called Senous Sounds sells them. They are primarly horn loaded. They also make huge 21" sub's in custom cabinets.

16. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

Sorry about the late reply, but we have owned Canton speakers for around 3 years. Great sounding speakers in our system.

Michael

Canton Ergo 92DC (mains and sides)
    Canton Ergo CM51 (center)

17. Jeff&R

Jeff&R Auditioning

I had a pair of floorstanding Magnat speakers about 15 years ago (sorry , forgot the model) , the sound was nice and clean , quality built drivers , cross-overs and cabinets .
    Sorry , the best I can tell you for now .

18. Joris van W.

Joris van W. Auditioning

I think I know where you or your ancestors were born, herr Pflughaupt [​IMG]

19. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Proud owner of a pair of MB Quart QLS-1030s for the mains, and the matching center (330 I believe). Recently upgraded from Energy C6s (which are now the bedroom set). I was so impressed (after not hearing anything in the price range that made me want to upgrade the C6s for nearly half-a-decade) that I even posted a shootout comparison I did with a few friends!

Read about it in this link, if you're interested!

20. David Mueller

I have the Canton Ergo RC-L and the Canton Ergo CM500

The sound and the deep Bass from the RC-L is a DREAM!!!

They play so smooth and fine you can't imagine!

1 RCL has more than 60 pounds [​IMG]

I love this speakers!!!

David