How many Garfield & Friends Volumes Will It Take To Complete The Series? I LOVE Them!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ChadKo, May 12, 2005.

1. ChadKo

ChadKo Stunt Coordinator

The run of the shows was from I believe 88-94 and I am happy to hear Volume 4 is underway and so quickly (Sony should learn from this when thinking about Married... With Children). My question is how many volumes will it take to complete the series? A volume isnt a season for this show I dont beleive. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Cheers!
    Chad

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Fox is doing a great job with these!

I believe there were a total of 7 or 8 seasons alotgether. I'm not so sure the last couple are worth owning though, I remember even as a kid I started to notice a decrease in quality and writing as the series wrapped up. I'll probably buy them all just for completists sake though, maybe I'm mistaken...

3. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Seven seasons. The next volume contains the last episode of season 4, all of season 5, and about half of season 6, so the volume after that will probably complete the series.

4. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I remember reading somewhere that there were enough episodes for 5 volumes if released at the same approximate ratio of the first volume.

5. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

According to my calculations there will only be 5 volumes. 24 episodes per volumes, 120 episodes in all,3 shorts per episode, 360 shorts in all. Leaving it perfect for 5 volumes. Only 1 left! YAY![​IMG] Kinda sad though[​IMG]

6. ChadKo

ChadKo Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for your help. Matt, I think its cool that you like Too Close For Comfort. My father used to date one of the shows stars, Deborah Van Valkenburgh. Kinda cool.

Chad "I dont THINK I'm her son" Koenig

7. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I have never watched TCFC in my life. I just use the quote over the fiasco of the season 1 DVD to remind people. Steve Phillips, who made this quote, wasn't a fan either, but the principle of the cut episodes bothered him nonetheless.