1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How many Full Sail graduates do we have here?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Zane Charron, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Zane Charron

Zane Charron Second Unit

I took the Audio Engineering course from July '94 - July '95, back when all they HAD was audio and film/video. They were just starting their multi-media course when I was on my way out.

I worked freelance around the Orlando area for about 8 or 9 months after that (I grew up in Melbourne, just an hour away from there). The work was really interesting and varied, and sometimes paid decent. I worked as a PA for commercial shoots, a couple of gigs working sound & lighting for events at Disney, stuffed CDs for a DJ distribution company, played gofer in a couple of studio sessions, and a few other things. But once those loan payments started to catch up, it was into the Army for me.

I've since forgotten 90% of what I learned there.

I'm curious to see how other Full Sail graduates turned out. Do tell.

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Zane,

Not a graduate myself- but I was offered a position in their Live Audio program a few years back. I have several friends who graduated from there-- the ones that went out in search of stuff found decent jobs- my friend Justin worked at NRG in LA and assisted on records from bands like Alien Ant Farm, Pappa Roach, Godsmack, Beck, etc.

-Vince