What's new

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb (1 Viewer)

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
you forgot one forum member to bring this old stupid post back to life after a long time......................

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
You missed out:

1 to point out that if you get a Region 2 bulb, the light will travel 2% faster, and how much they hate that.

20 to debate whether changing to a better, more efficient bulb is valid, as it will make the bulb different from the original.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My understanding is that George Lucas always replaces his lightbulbs with ones of different wattage.

Damn him! Why can't he just leave well enough alone?!?!

:D

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
4 to have a subdiscussion about biwiring.

1 to inquire about how to wire it so that two switches on opposite sides of the room can turn the lightbulb on or off, 2 to respond that double-pole switches are the solution, 1 to say that double-pole switches will not solve the problem but instead double-throw switches are the answer.

2 to brag about their fancy light switches with gold-plated contacts.

2 trying to top each other with their stories of changing massive numbers of lightbulbs in Las Vegas vs. changing the lightbulb in a lighthouse. 1 more to put both of them to shame with his tale of changing the lightbulb on the very top of the TV transmitter antenna on top of the Sears Tower. During a thunderstorm.

1 to talk elitist about his preference for candlelight.

1 to wax poetic about limelight.

6 to argue about the merits of replacing the socket at the same time to prolong the life of the new bulb.

1 offering lightbulbs for sale, in violation of forum policy against advertising.

1 posting an irrational diatribe about how the lightbulb was not invented by Edison but rather by someone from his hometown and demanding that proper credit be given where credit is due.

12 telling the above poster to STFU.

1 to complain about glare from the new HID lightbulbs on automobiles.

1 troll to say that lightbulbs suck.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
We have a winner.

Of course, you didn't bring up the unavoidable HTF topic, DTS, but since I did waaaaay back, it really wasn't necessary.

:p)

Julie K

Screenwriter
What I really hate is the way these lightbulb makers keep putting out new versions of the same lightbulbs. I hate the way they keep making us buy the same thing over and over again. Yeah, sometimes there's a really nice lightbulb SE, but I do get tired of double and triple dipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks