What's new

Directors How many DVD's do you own??? (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Almost 2 full 5 shelf bookcases.Over 600, not sure of a exact amount.

My DVD link below is no where near being up to date.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Ever since I was a kid I've wanted a movie library and now I finally have one
Kind of the way I used to be. I probably have 1500-2000 (afraid to count, seriously). Probably have not even opened half of them. I am alway very conscious about getting the lowest price possible, but still, that is a lot of money. Probably a good chunk of a years salary. What would I have done with the money instead? Probably blown a good chunk on something else. Maybe could have made a better down payment on my condo. Would a mortgage payment of $100-$200 less make my life that much easier? Probably not. A car? Fortunatly they do nothing for me, so I am fine with my cheap-o Saturn Ion.
Do any of you guys sit around and wonder WTF have I done?
I've actually gotten depressed about how many I have lately (don't worry, I'm not a jumper :) ). I think I've been having a hard time rationalizing it lately, even though we are talking close to 9 years (can you believe it) of owning a DVD player. Half the time when I go to watch a movie, either A) I can't make up my frigging mind or B) I can't find the damn DVD I'm looking for. I have them spread out over two closets and several bookshelves. How on earth can anybody keep track of this stuff?
I've gotten better (thanks in part to Netflix, in part to the fact that I don't even have the time to watch a fraction of what I own) and my buying has slown down (although Wedding Crashers was a no-brainer to buy). I look at a lot of upcoming classics coming out, like Dog Day Afternoon, Network and so on, but I think I will pass on them all. Might not get to them for another 5 years.
Also my tastes have changed. I used to be a foreign film connoisseur, and while I still enjoy them, I just can't watch one except once in a great while. I love my Criterions but.... Went on an Italian horror binge awhile back, enjoyed a fair number of them, but have no desire to watch them anymore (except for a few Argentos). Add to this how bad these are all going to look after HD/Blue Ray/Whatever gets going.
Sorry about my poorly worded, babbling rant. Not completly sure what I am trying to say even.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
At long last I updated my dvdaficionado page and changed my sig link to it.
We have 540 with 5 on order.
I actually have a few more in that I have some of my box sets set up as counting for only 1 title, so I could probably come up with another 15 or so counting by hand.
Still nowhere near the "could live in a house constructed entirely of DVD's & Amaray cases" level of George, Steve, and Bill.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
:D You've stumbled upon my secret. I justify buying all these dvds by telling my wife that if I lose my job and we lose the house, we can always build another one from the dvds. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks