What's new

How many Buying Season 2 of Space 1999 ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I will be. Maybe more for nostalgia sake than anything else. While alot of the 2nd season was cheesy it was still kinda fun. I'm really looking forward to the UFO Series coming in July . Loved Ed Straker's Car and those Great Purple Haired Moon Women !

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I will be, in a manner of speaking. Sure it was cheesy, but as a kid, I thought Maya was a babe, so I have to own the full set! :)

Brian E

Screenwriter
I'll be getting them, although I'm not sure if I'll get them right when they come out. Lots of stuff coming out soon.

John M. Ford

Agent
Dave, if you don't mind my asking, where did you find out about the release of UFO, and is there any place to pre-order it. Thanks

johnf

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm on a UFO Mailing list, the Disks are available in PAL right now. A&E Targeting July for their release in the states. The Region 1 releases are not getting all the extra that the Region2 are getting like Ed Bishop Commentaries, Docs etc. However the A&E releases are the newlyremastered versions and they are reputed to look as good as the upcoming 1999 disks. I'll vote for better transfers everytime. The First two volumes in July much as in the 1999 releases.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I never felt guilty for watching UFO its a good show. I did'nt think so at first, I really disliked it, but then a friend who really enjoyed it, talked me into watching a few episodes. Once I saw it thru one rerun cycle I was hooked.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
I'm not sure when it's coming out, but I'll definately getting it! This is one of the show that hooked me on the whole Science Fiction Genre back in the Day!!
Oh yeah...to see Maya again! What a Hottie!

Brian E

Screenwriter
Do not name any store that breaks street dates. Thank you. Edited by Administrator!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I will be getting these, in a manner of speaking: I plan to wait until the series is completely out, and see if A&E releases a mega-set (like they did with The Prisoner and Monty Python), and then get the whole thing at once!

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be sticking with my R2 discs for the

time being. Saw the screen grabs from the A & E

Season 2 discs and found little or no difference

in clarity and color, though to be honest the

color (though perhaps more consistent) didn't

look as vibrant on the grabs as it is on my R2

discs, and reports are that there are some

audio sync problems. With R2, we get superb

menus (A & E's have been terrible), subtitles,

and extensive extras like cast and crew

interviews and merchandise photos information,

plus a wealth of behind-the-scenes pictures.

When A & E has released the complete second season,

I'll probably buy the discs, especially if the

final discs have some unique special features.

The ones reported to be on the first batch seem

mostly to duplicate Carlton's or aren't

particularly compelling if they don't.

Joe McKeown

Stunt Coordinator
I never saw the series on TV, and only got the first set of disks because I'm sort of obsessive-compulsive about cheesy science fiction DVDs. (ever see "Lifeforce"?)

So anyway, Once I put in the first disk, and I heard theme music playing as the menu came up, I knew I was hooked.

Today, I stumbled across the last copy of each the new sets in the local streetdatebreaker. I happened to have a 10% off "Customer appreciation" coupon so $25.19 each. not bad.

Yea, I do plan on getting the whole second season. I can't wait to see this Maya chick...

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks