What's new

How many "blocks" can an Xbox mem card hold? (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Title pretty much sums it up. I'm thinking about buying a card to xfer Morrowind and Halo to. My Xbox is pissing me off with all the "read errors" so, I'm going to bend over and buy another one. This time with the xtended warranty!

Anyhoo, just wondering how much space is on a mem card. Anyone know?

BrentMann

Auditioning
Derrik,

I believe the answer is 512. I did some research to determine the size of a block and found 16K a lot, which make sense as that is a common harddrive sector size. A couple very non-scientific tests back that up:

An early savegame of Morrowwind is about 60-65 blocks, which is about 1MB and I believe that is close to the PC version.

I ripped a song to the xbox and its size is 275 blocks which would be around 4.4MB, which is sounds about right.

So, you should be able to save around 5 Morrowwind games on an 8MB unit.

It sucks the xbox has problems, but at least there is a persistant storage solution.

BTW, Morrowind is a great game. I highschool, I played the Ultima & Bards Tale series and it is very cool to "walk thru" a game like that. I haven't been big on the gaming for about 15 years. I bought the xbox for my kids, but this has been like taking a trip in the Way Back Machine.

have fun

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Thanks Brent! :)
Yeah, I know where you're coming from on the Ultima games. Although, I only played Ultima IV. Took me about 1.5 years to finally finish it! :laugh: Great stuff back then when everything was really new instead of rehased with prettier graphics/sound.
Although, I'm really enjoying Morrowing. Takes me back too.

BrentMann

Auditioning
Don't feel bad w/ Ultima IV. I started playing Ultima 3 at age 10 (maybe 11) and didn't finish until my junior year of high school!!! I played it off and on thru the years. During that time I played (and finished) several others. Oh well.

Happy Adventuring!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks