What's new

How many Angel fans are picking up Charlie's Angels Season 3 this week?? (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Many people have been waiting a few years for Charlie's Angels Season 3 to finally hit the shelves, and this week it's finally going to happen. How many fans we have out there who will be purchasing this set?
Hopefully it sells well enough to continue the remaining two season releases.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking it up at the next DDD sale.
I bought way too much stuff durning the last one, and until I sell off more discs, I probably won't be buying anything. I would really like to pick up the Hulk now too, but that has to get pushed on down the road for later as well, me thinks.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I'll definitely be purchasing Charlie's Angels Season 3.I've waited too long for it.A lot of my favorite CA episodes are on this season.I hope this sells well enough to get seasons 4 and 5,and we don't have to wait two years between each one. I have a question.In the two part season opener "Angels In Vegas" Robert Urich appeared as Dan Tana.He would play the same character in his own show Vega$,which premiered a week or two later.Is Vega$ a spin-off of Charlie's Angels?I've always wondered.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
My order shipped today from Amazon. Glad to get it. I don't really care after this as IMO the last 2 years were very weak and I can easily live without any post-Sabrina episodes.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'll get it.

Is there any hope in hell we'll see the last two seasons or was season 3 a "oh what the hey, let's go ahead and finish the Sabrina seasons off" thing? Of course, season 4 has a few Farrah episodes which works to it's benefit, but season 5 doesn't. I have never seen the Shelley and Tanya episodes so wanting those two on DVD is more a morbid desire to see them than thinking those were great episodes.

Lutz Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lutz
I ordered my S3 set from Amazon last week and it's now "shipping soon". Boy am I glad the waiting is finally over!
And even though Sabrina is my favorite Angel, I'll definitely pick up S4 and S5 if they ever get released.

>Is Vega$ a spin-off of Charlie's Angels?I've always wondered.

No, I wouldn't say it is. This was just a "crossover" episode that happened to air before the crossed-over show (i.e. Vega$) began its regular run.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
It's ordered. This one's probably my last C.A. set. I wasn't too keen on the last 2 seasons.

Vega$ wasn't a spinoff but just a "crossover" network promo idea that the networks used to do now & then. I'd forgotten about that ep. S3 will be fun to go through. I'd finished off S2 months ago so I'm ready for John Forsythe's voice over the speaker-phone :D

Kev_S

Grip
Real Name
Kevin Shinner
I was wondering why Angel fans would be after this set, thinking there was some Angel actor in the show or something! I think I'm still hungover lol.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I'll be heading over to Target tomorrow morning to get mine. It's only $29.99 ($34.99 + free $5 gift card!)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
It's good to see a great response!
Hopefully, they'll complete the series, even if it's not everyone "cup of tea" so to speak!!

Steve Meil

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
I still haven't finished watching season 2. The show IMHO did not hold up well. It seems to happen with alot with late 70's and eighty shows I will not be buying season 3 unless its almost free

MattHR

Screenwriter
The third season's two 2-hour episodes, "Angels in Vegas" and "Terror on Skis" are presented in their 2-part syndication versions. ("Vegas" opens with a movie-style credit sequence, while "Terror" contains the traditonal title sequence.)

There are no previews or standard ("last on...") re-caps, but the re-caps are played under the opening credits of the second parts.

The break-point for the episodes is well chosen, assuming the producers knew these 2-hour episodes would ultimately need to be shown in two parts. While I don't ever like original presentations altered, these episodes are presented in a manner that one would be hard-pressed to know the difference.

Each of these four episodes runs just over 50 minutes each, while most of the others run about 49 minutes each. They seem to be complete, especially considering the re-worked 2-parters would never be syndicated at their DVD lengths of over 50 minutes.

Also good news: the transfers are a HUGE step-up in quality from the previous two seasons; the compression is better (4 episodes per disc); and the packaging is finally pretty decent (3 double-thinpaks with inner graphics in slip case.) (They really play-up the guest appearance of Farrah Fawcett -- there are more photos of her than Kate Jackson within the packaging.)

All things considered, this is easily the best Angels presentation on DVD thus far. Here's hoping Sony will complete the series with similar treatment... not to mention a few extras.

Edit: here's a look at the inside of the set from charliesangels.com:

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Thanks MattHR for the review! Did you check the "Disco Angels" episode? I hope they didn't make any music replacements. Most of it was instrumental anyways.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I went to two different Wal-Marts,a Dominion and a Music World in my area and none of them had Charlie's Angels Season 3.I asked the cashiers if they have it,in case I didn't see it and they said "No.We never got it in".I inquired if they'll be getting it in and was told no.Why didn't these stores get this in,like they got the rest of the TV DVDs,released Tuesday,in?Talk about a major piss off.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Stephen, are you in Canada? If so, try HMV. I picked up a copy there this week..
Then of course, there's always Amazon.ca.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I couldn't find S3 in Wal-Mart either, nor did they have the Monk S4 or Columbo S5. I've noticed Wal-Mart isn't always carrying the newest releases. I found all of them at Best Buy.

That's not much of a cross-over with Vega$...15 or 20 seconds right before the end credits roll?

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I finished watching Season 3 last night. Well, all in all the episodes looked really good. There were a couple of minor problems. There were a couple of scenes in the office at the beginning of "Marathon Angels" that you could tell were scenes that had been cut for syndication and reinserted into the episodes. The picture quality was kind of dull and grainy and you could tell that these were moments that hadn't been seen in years.

Also, the color seemed to be sightly off on the last episode of the season. Angels Remembered. This episode wasn't all that important to me, but it still looked kind of dull and grainy.

So, bring on seasons 4 and 5. Let's get this series finished.

Clay_E

Second Unit
I won't be getting Season 4 if it comes out, but I'll probably get Season 5 - Tanya Roberts was always a guilty pleasure...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.