1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How low in price will the Denon 3802's go?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron H, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

On yahoo shopping, I see the prices have now fallen below $750. I really didn't follow the prices on the 3801, so I don't know what the bottom line on these will be.
    Any opinions?
    Doesn't matter to me that yahoo shopping vendors are not authorized dealers. I just wanted the lowest price as I'll be price-matching with a real store.
    Thanks!
    Aaron

2. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

What real store carries Denon and price matches any price on the internet? I thought all authorized Denon dealers don't price match.

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

4. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

I have a credit card that guarentee's the lowest price, so yes, I'll buy from the authorized dealer to get the warranty and then pricematch with the lowest price on shopping.yahoo.com or www.pricescan.com.
    So any ideas about how low the 3802 might hit? I'm just curious at this point.
    Aaron

5. Shanthi

Shanthi Stunt Coordinator

I would say $699 from online shopping.

6. Greg Robertson

Greg Robertson Stunt Coordinator

Greg H, I saved $100 by price matching an online retailer from an authorized Denon dealer. So they do exist.
    Although as a side note, the store I bought it from has since closed shop... Coincidence, who knows [​IMG]
    Greg

7. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Stunt Coordinator

is $699 worth the risk of getting grey market? or worse yet doa?
    if it's DOA then $699 + $50-100 for round trip back to e-tailer is $799 and no guarantees.
    i buy books on line, i buy cds online, i buy movies online, i do ebay for fun... I won't do receivers online.
    just my 2 cents.
    ------------------
    --------------------------------------------------
    Somebody has to pay for retail businesses to let us walk in and audition high quality equipment side by side with our own dvd's and movies. I don't mind paying a premium to support this kind of service and convenience, I wish others would consider this when buying discounted b-stock merchandise from shady internet dealers.
    JKB

8. Juan Horvath

Juan Horvath Auditioning

What card is it that you have? I think I need to pick this one up for certain and get rid of what I use now......
    Juan

9. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Its the AmEx Blue card.
    Some of the benefits from their site:
    Return Protection
    Return Protection lets you return a covered item purchased with the Card [ even if you purchased it online ] when the merchant won't take it back. Just contact us within 90 days of the purchase, and you will be credited for the full purchase price, up to $300 per covered item.3
    Best Value Guarantee
    With the Best Value Guarantee, you'll pay the lowest price available on items purchased with the Card. If you see a covered item advertised in print for less than you paid within 60 days of the purchase date, we'll refund the difference to you, up to $250 per item.4
    Buyer's Assurance
    The Buyer's Assurance Plan extends the terms of the original manufacturer's warranty on a covered product purchased entirely with the Card up to one additional year on U.S. warranties of five years or less.5
    Purchase Protection Plan
    The Purchase Protection Plan provides added protection-at no extra cost-for accidental damage to or theft of covered items purchased with the Card.6

10. Brent Hatfield

Brent Hatfield Auditioning

Do you pay sticker price for your cars?

11. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Few hundred over invoice is all I'll ever pay for cars. Besides, cars are excluded (I think ) from the AmEx blue price matching policy.
    Aaron

12. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

13. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Nope, doesn't have to be from the same website. I've used mine several times and have almost used up my $1000 limit this year. Refunds come in about 10-12 days at most.
    Check over at some of the deals sites..... http://www.techbargains.com http://forums.anandtech.com/categories.cfm?catid=40
    and you'll see many people doing this day-in and day-out.
    Yes, this program probably isn't helping AmEx make $$, but as long as its there, I'm using it.
    Aaron