What's new

How low do these songs go? (1 Viewer)

Matt Hobbes

Agent
I use a couple of songs to tests subwoofers, not necessarily because they're reference because I'm sure that they are not, but because they seem to push subwoofers to their limits (at least with what I've tested: mostly 12" car subs w/ 250-350 watt rms amps; earthquake, jl, kicker, rockford fosgate, diamond, and my onkyo 8" htib sub).

Linkin Park - Frgt/10 (Alchemist ft Chali 2NA)
Prodigy - Mindfields (Matrix Soundtrack)
Rob D - Clubbed To Death (Kurayamino Mix) (Matrix Soundtrack)

The linkin park track seems to make most subs produce "high pitched squeals?", like a grating sound, when the bass loop starts if the volume is only moderately loud.

The Prodigy and Rob D tracks make subs bottom out easily at loud volumes/ loose tightness, control.

Anyone have these songs willing to do a waterfall? If no one has these tracks I'll upload a 15 sec loop. This is what I want any sub to be able to handle effortlessly at ref volumes. So far unfortunately, every sub (all $500 or under) I've tested fails to perform well with one of these tracks. Although the Linkin Park one is the worst because it sounds like the sub's voice coil is being destroyed. Anybody with good car or ht subs willing to test this?

thanks

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
Linkin Park - Strong 35Hz bass line
Prodigy - 42Hz
Rob D - 50Hz drum kicks

...SVS PB2+, no noises, problems whatsoever. The only non-bass sounds are from the room itself and furniture in it. :)

Add $100 to your budget and grab something from SVS.

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
It's disappointing how "high" in frequency some "bassy" sounding records are. Satriani's "Engines of Creation" track 7 sounds like 15Hz when the room is shaking at 100dB+. :)
But it's mostly "only" around 30Hz! :frowning:

ChrisBee :D

Matt Hobbes

Agent
wow...not low at all... I guess the bass hits at high spls were just bottoming out the subs that I tested.
thanks!

I am seriously considering pb2 ultra... it seems to be the most sub for the money.

Rudi-
I just did a little searching for how people did waterfalls... so I downloaded spectrum labratory, to mess with it... is there any way to hear the audio while it's analyzing? Also, if I just analyzed the files I got the same results, but if I did the analyze and play, the waterfall looked different...looked like there was a freq shift 25hz to the left...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks