How low can you tune an svs 25-31cs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Hammerly, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

and still have a fairly flat response. CAn you tune it to 18hz or so? Will SVS do the custom tuning before it ships? Does it cost more. Maybe I should just email the guys at SVS. [​IMG]

2. gene avallon

gene avallon Stunt Coordinator

no he will get hold of you here.and that way we can learn

more also.

gene

3. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Jason,

Almost. Yes. No. Probably ([email protected]).

4. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

Ron, let's say I ordered an SVS 25-31cs B-sotck. How much more would it cost to get it tuned to 18hz. How much SPL would I lose in doing this? Last I knew if you ordered a 25-31 cs you could get it tuned to 22hz at no additional charge. Would that not be thge case for an 18 hz tune? I'm trying to decide if I want to wait till there's a 25-31cs in the b-stocks and tune it to 18hz or go with an EBS alignment shiva that I'll build myself. thanks

5. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

You'll have to get in touch with Tom. I don't know how long a port can get in a 25-31 before it gets to close to the back of the driver. At 18hz the port may be too long to fit. Send Tom an email and let us know what you find out.

6. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

We can tune a 25-31cs or pc down to the 18-19hz range now, the response will rolloff a bit by then though...but in small/medium sized rooms...room gain may help boost the response back up to nearly flat.

TV

7. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Retuning a B-stock will cost the normal $29 new porting fee. We now offer 3" porting adaptors(so we can use a 3" flared port in the CS and PCs) that allow us to tune the 25-31s lower than ever before. A custom port with the adaptor ring is $39.

You'll lose 1-3dBs from 25-50hz....but you'll gain 3-6dBs