What's new

How loud is too loud? (1 Viewer)

Kerryn R

Auditioning
Hi all

Well I've been enjoying the surround experience for a couple of months now, and it's all good, thanks in no small part to the patience and advice of those in the forum whilst I was in the purchase and set up phase.

Anyway - the father of one of my daughter's friends popped in, saw my setup and of course wanted a demo. Yahoo I think, time to show off a bit! So, 'Independence Day' goes into the player and fast forward to the end of the invasion countdown we go.

My teeny wharfedale speakers performed out of all proportion to their size and impressed the guy no end, but as the house was shaking and my dogs were having hysterics, I wondered how one actually tells when the system is being overextended? I was listening for pops from the sub etc. and there was absolutely no evidence of such a thing. The sound was clear, absolutely no distortion or any problems that I could hear. So ppls, your input much appreciated - how do I know when "she'll not take anymore captain"?

Thanx

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
when the wife yells "turn it down!!!!" it's too loud. or when the speakers start to smoke. either way. :)

ag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks