What's new

How long will it be until LOTR is released on VHS? (1 Viewer)

John CW

Supporting Actor
YES! I hope there's an extended cut to include the one or two scenes that were cut from the book, namely a longer version of the visit to Lothlorien (to explain Gimli's change in character towards the Elves) and maybe an extended Council in Revendell (instead of "My Sword, My Bow, My Axe" - something that goes into it a little more - maybe).
THAT would be excellent.
If they do an R rated version I just hope the gore doesn't get in the way of the action/story (I'm sure it won't).
Heh, you know it's funny: The first time I saw LotR I couldn't help but notice the changes from the book. Now I've time to think about it (and see it again) I can't believe how good a job they did!! It truly is amazing the way they've kept everything in line with the book and made it easy to understand and enjoy. Kudos to Jackson and Co!!
I can't wait for the next one! :)
~ John

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I can't believe that most churches would have the smallest objection to LotR. It is set in avowedly pre-Christian times, and told from the point of view of entirely different cosmology/mythology - but at the same time it is full of clear-cut morals, Christian virtues, and the underlying Elvish history of the world even has a version of Lucifer's rebellion and The Fall. (At one point in the books Gandalf calls the men who lived in the time before the Elves began teaching the religion of the One and the Vala, "heathen". :))
Tolkein himself was Roman Catholic, and the basic morality of the story reflects the fact.
Regards,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks