What's new

How long will it be until LOTR is released on VHS? (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
I LOVE this movie..

Thing is, the dvd won't be out for awhile (2004 if I'm correct) and usually, the VHS copy is out mucho time before the dvd is out..

I can't believe I'm asking this but:

When can I expect to see the VHS version of this?

Nathan

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
2004? I thought it was going to be released this year?

If I'm right, we should see the DVD 6 months before the VHS. I think.

I hope I'm right, I'm looking forward to this DVD!

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I thought so. Thank goodness!
So Nathan you only have to wait till August for the DVD. So forget the VHS.:)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I keep hearing that it will be out on DVD in August of this year along with the full trailer to The Two Towers. Lots of bonus material as expected. It will not be an Infinifilm release because of the length and various audio tracks including a full length commentary by Peter Jackson. Over 600 hours of behind the scenes material is out there so maybe they can do a featurette that is just as good as Episode I. A special box set is also planned for release after the 3 films make it to dvd.

No details about the R rated director's cut though, if they still plan on doing that(still rumored). I sure hope for one.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Over 600 hours of behind the scenes material is out there
600 hours?:eek: Thats like a month or something, could you mean 60 hours? Geez that's a lot too!
Maybe 6 hours?
EDIT: Well maybe your right, 600 hours of documented behind the scenes footage, that's possible, if there's really that much then we should get a pretty loaded disc.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I didn't mean that there would be 600 hours on the dvds.:eek: They have been filming for quite a while you know. TPM had over 600 hours of behind the scenes material as well. It will probably be edited down to an hour like TPM.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I didn't mean that there would be 600 hours on the dvds. They have been filming for quite a while you know. TPM had over 600 hours of behind the scenes material as well. It will probably be edited down to an hour like TPM.
Jason, that's what I figured thats why I edited my post, of course they could have that much footage.:)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I might also add that it's become practice to release the DVD of a film quite a bit before the VHS comes out, at least with most releases today.

-Tom

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Not to change the topic, but isn't sad that the entire LOTR trilogy will probably be out on DVD at least two years sooner than the first three (original) Star Wars movies? :frowning:
(Well, I guess they won't be so original when Lucas gets done with them for DVD.)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else out there like me that would like to see some of those deleted scenes *incorporated* back into the movie on the DVD and not just tacked on the end as "extras"???
They could do branching or something ala T2.
who would we contact to express our opinion to help this become reality?
-dave

NathanP

Supporting Actor
William--
Another thing:
The church encourages you to see this movie :)
FYI, it's the church pastors favorite movie..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks