What's new

How long will Denon keep my 2900? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
This week I shipped my DVD-2900 back to Denon for CD-R and Redbook incompatibility repairs. Per their request, I sent it to the Itasca, IL Service Center. Anyone had this done? Any "guesstimates"?

I had my DVD-2900 in the shop 1.5 years ago because it wouldn’t play DVD-A discs. I think it took ~2 weeks to get it back. I was fairly satisfied with the process.

It broke again a little bit ago (won’t spin up any type of disc), and to speed up the turnaround I took it to a local repair shop recommended by the local Denon dealer. It was in the shop 2.5 weeks the first time until they got around to loking at it, and they couldn’t reproduce my problem. I took it home and it worked for 3 days until ddieing again. Took it back to the shop 3 weeks ago and today just got a diagnosis and estimate to fix it. Another 1-2 weeks to get the part in and get ti fixed. Argh – I’d definitely recommend the Denon service center based on my experience.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Kevin thanks for the feedback! So what was the problem the first time and also this recent repair?

Well, the first time it needed repair it wouldn't play DVD-A discs ~90% of the time. CD, SACD, and DVD-Video were all fine, but DVD-A just wouldn't play.

The most recent problem started a few months ago where occasionally the disk (any type) wouldn't spin up/load after being put into the player. If it did spinup, then everything played just fine. Sometimes it just took opening/closing the unit 2-3 times before it would read the disc. However, the problem got more and more frequent until it wouldn't work at all. Thats why it's in the shop now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks