How long for my PE amp?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam O, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Adam O

I put in the order 2 fridays ago and have been on vacation till today. I got an email dated the 19th saying it ship. Considering that I live in AB Canada, how long will I be looking at until I receive my amp?

Thanks alot

Adam

2. Adam O

Hmmm...guess no one here has ever bought a PE amp ???[​IMG]

3. Dustin B

I've bought a PE amp, just not from PE. Acoustic Visions shipped it to me via UPS Ground. Took about a week.

4. Bill_Weinreich

Usually after ordering, most places will give you an UPS confirmation # (if shipped that way). Go to the UPS tracking web page and insert that number. Will tell you where its at and where its been.
    Bill

5. AlexKunec

If you went with USPS airmail, it could take up to a month. It seems that customs holds packages for a long time.

6. Craig Woodhall

I buy stuff from the States all the time. When you ship fedex/ups, the paperwork is electronically sent to customs before the package even arrives.. 9 times outta 10 the package has already cleared customs before it even gets there.. The most I have had to wait, was an Acurus amp from NY and it took 7 business days, that was on my Fedex ground account. I shipped a QSC amp for my buddy from California and it arrived at my door in 3 days, (we're both on the West Coast) that was also Fedex ground. These were from private parties and they sent it the next day.. Maybe PE puts it in their shipping/receiving department and only drops off to Fedex/UPS twice a week, then that would add to the ETA. I would phone them and ask what shipping method was used and if they have a tracking number for your order. Hope this helps.

Craig

7. Brian Bunge

Obviously international orders take longer. Here in the Atlanta area I always received my orders in 3 business days. But now that I have my wholesale account I get everything in two days now! [​IMG]
    Brian

8. AllanRW

MY last order from PE was
    4- 15" Thrushers
    794 Amp
    46- ports all different sizes.
    And 200ft Carol in wall wire.
    Mainly for a in wall sub wall I am building, and the first box arrived in 9 business days, the other in 12 and I got dinged for tax's on both packages both times and have to this day not received a return from the CND governMenT!!
    Not that this was PE fault but the customs just charged me twice for tax's on the packages.

Anyway.
    I always use the PONY coming north.Going south long as package value is less than $200.00USD the broker fees from UPS are nil.Over $200.00USD they charge a fee.
    To use UPS to Canada the charge is applied to all packages.So to save money $25.00-$35.00CND per order from UPS to orderfrom the USA I always use United States Postal GROUND.Slower but a savings.
    If time is a factor use them and be prepared to pay the above amount.

Good luck.

Al