What's new

How long does it take for reviews? (1 Viewer)

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator
I am new to the HT stuff so I have a question about lead time. I am used to watching and following video card releases. With that technology, I can expect a review shortly after the product is official announced are available for sale.

My question is, is how does that apply to HT technology. I am waiting for info in the new Onkyo and Yamaha receivers. Does it traditionally take a while for magazines or websites to review them, or do they coincide with the release of the product? Does anybody follow product releases to have a idea on how long the wait is?

Thanks, Lowell

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
In my experience, HT mags don't usually publish a review for a product until about 6 months after it's release, sometimes longer. One product that comes to mind is the Denon 3801 which didn't see a formal magazine review until about 8 months after if first appeared in dealer showrooms. This also meant that review came out about 4-6 months before the introduction of the Denon 3802, it's replacement.

Since electronics typically undergo modifications and changes right up until the release date (think Outlaw 950 for a great example) the manufacturers don't get review product out until around the same time it goes for retail sale. Then the backlog of review product at the publication comes into play. After that you've publishing lag times, typically 2-3 months, before a particular issue comes out.

Regardless, if you want information and opinions about a product you're already in the best place. Many here continually upgrade and stay on the cusp of technology. Just ask around about the particular models you are interested in and I'm sure you'll get a few who chime in with their experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks