how long do you usually wait for the store to fix your broken receiver?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Feb 9, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

denon avr1802, bought from etronics, they told me to send the broken receiver back to them ( after only 3 months of subtle use ), and i sent it to them 3 weeks ago.

i am getting nervous.

2. Mark Austin

Mark Austin Supporting Actor

I wouldn't start getting nervous until about 5-6 weeks hits.

3. felix_suwarno

HAH??? really? come on, seriously?

4. felix_suwarno

what if i bought another avr1802 from etronics, and then sell the "refurbished" one when it finally arrived on my door?

i cant live without my home theater. my life is boring without them.

5. Mark Austin

Mark Austin Supporting Actor

I'm dead serious.
    You have to figure that it's going to take a week coming, and going. Going by my past experience it usually takes two weeks for them to even look at the thing. Now we're at 4 weeks. If they need parts, add another week sometimes longer.

6. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

Depending on where your unit had to be shipped, this could take a week or more ONE WAY. If you sent it to Etronics and then they were going to ship it out for repairs, add even more time. After that, there's your place in the repair queue, especially if it is under warranty.

[sarcasm] There's nothing like a warranted repair to slow down the process. [/sarcasm]

Michael

7. felix_suwarno

ok, would it be the same if i bought the receiver from an authorized dealer? would it take the same amount of time to fix the thing?

thanks ( even though most of you only read my rant )

8. felix_suwarno

somebody please answer my question...! i am really curious.

9. Bobby Crumpley

Bobby Crumpley Auditioning

Don't feel bad. My Sony 444ES has been in the shop since early August! Waited for backordered parts forever which didn't fix it once they arrived. Sony decided to do an exchange. Fair enough. The only problem was that Sony was between model changes on the ES line so I'd have to wait for an exchange until mid November. Wrong, ES receivers won't be available for exchange from Sony until the end of December so they offer to send a check to reimburse me in full. Still fair. Nope, they can't approve the buy-back because I can't find my original bill of sale. Now it's back to waiting for the exchange, but it is a de5es they're going to send me, which is more than fair. They call me this week to let me know that the da5es won't be available in the forseeable future so they're going to go ahead and send the buy-back check. In two weeks(!). Now I have to antagonize over which receiver to buy again (see my thread). Probably won't be a Sony though.

Good Luck,

Bobby

10. felix_suwarno

if a broken product under warranty is still not a guarantee that the company would fix it or exchange it, then i had better buy the product from an unauthorized vendor. i am not gonna waste my life to wait for a fixed receiver. my life feels empty without the sound of music in my living room!