How long before we see the movie

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by bill lopez, Sep 13, 2001.

1. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

I'm wondering which producer & studio comes out with the movie about the Twin Towers disater.

2. Coressel

Coressel Supporting Actor

CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX.

3. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    [​IMG]!!
    ------------------
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

4. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

Hopefully no one. No one has made a movie about Oklahoma City yet, so maybe Hollywood can show some restraint.
    ------------------
    "What if he honks in the car?"
    "I'm giving you a no honk guaruntee."

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

quote:
    No one has made a movie about Oklahoma City yet
    [/quote]
    The opening of the "X-Files" movie seemed to be based on the Oklahoma bombing though (and received quite a bit of criticism for it).
    I doubt anyone will make a movie about this tragedy (unless it's used as a tangential, fictional plot device) for decades.
    /Mike
    [Edited last by MickeS on September 13, 2001 at 01:16 PM]

6. Frank_S

Frank_S Supporting Actor

Give it a few(maybe 20) years. In our lifetime there will be a movie about this disaster. Saving Private Ryan is a prime example, not to mention all the WWII movies released shortly after the war ended.
    The massacre on Omaha beach was'nt something anyone imagined would be shown on the big screen, now the DVD is used as demo material, go figure.

7. Dave L

Dave L Stunt Coordinator

It will happen as these things do whenever there's a buck to be made. Look at the scams already: phony appeals for contributions to the Red Cross to collect credit card numbers, "souvenirs" of the WTC on eBay auctions. Unbelievable!!!!!
    However, what special effects crew will or could ever equal or top the video footage of the real thing? Just knowing what the implications of what we were seeing, in real time, is numbing. The newsreel footage of WW2 battles carries more weight than any Hollywood recreation because it's real; when somebody falls, that's a death, not an extra feigning death. Same with the WTC footage.

8. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    Lets see the outcome of all of this first.
    Neil
    ------------------
    "Conspiracy theorists don't live on the same flat Earth as the rest of us." -- astronomer Stephen Maran

9. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I think Jerry Bruckheimer and Micheal Bay are already working on a script.
    Seriously, I really don't think this will ever be made into a movie, at least I hope it doesn't.
    ------------------
    "How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
    Leonard from Memento

10. Kevin Coleman

Kevin Coleman Second Unit

I don't see anything wrong with making a movie about it. As long as it is not sensationalised. Do you really think Speilberg made SPR or Schindler's list just to make a buck? Come on!
    Future generations who didn't live through an event needed to be reminded of it to keep from making the same mistakes. I think there are some very heroic stories to be told in this trajedy.
    Kevin C.
    ------------------
    If you live in the Wichita KS area and are interested in a local meet click here

11. Brent Cantrell

Brent Cantrell Stunt Coordinator

I wonder if anyone who was there would think it would be 'cool' in full bitrate DTS? Probably the same vets who were at the storming of the beach that thought the opening of SPR was 'cool'. I personally have enough crashes, explosions and terrorist acts in my collection, I think we can all do without this one. Please, show a little restraint in what you think would be 'cool'. For some reason this post made me think of that line from ID4, "Exciting!? People are dying! I would hardly call that exciting!" (something along those lines.)
    Sorry for the rant, but that just struck a nerve.
    ------------------
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=BCantrell

12. G Miller

G Miller Stunt Coordinator

I think that it is inevitable that a motion picture will be created out of this disaster. Only once the full story has been unfolded though, from the attacks, the planning, the perpertrators behind it etc... I think it is in bad taste to even discuss it so soon after the event, but think of the JFK incident, when it happened people wouldn't believe that a movie would be made on that event at the time, same goes for Pearl Harbour, the entire Vietnam war, WWII, etc...

13. Eric_R_C

Eric_R_C Second Unit

No one has made a movie about Oklahoma City yet
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The opening of the "X-Files" movie seemed to be based on the Oklahoma bombing though (and received quite a bit of criticism for it).
    I doubt anyone will make a movie about this tragedy (unless it's used as a tangential, fictional plot device) for decades.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    In the case of X-Files, they had already filmed the scene with the building blowing up BEFORE the Oklahoma City incident. They really debated whether or not they would use the scene, and obviously decided to use it. An interesting case of coindidence, but it really did lend the movie a touch of credibilty.
    ------------------
    "I haven't lost my mind. It's backed up on my hard drive!"

14. Eric_R_C

Eric_R_C Second Unit

oops, coincidence
    should have hit the preview button [​IMG]
    ------------------
    "I haven't lost my mind. It's backed up on my hard drive!"

15. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

If they make it like BLACK SUNDAY or DEEP IMPACT that's o.k., but I don't want to see DIE HARD or ARMAGGEDDON type of a movie with jokes and rock tunes in it.

16. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

17. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

What an insensative and stupid post. You people want to make this into a summertime blockbuster? Ugh.
    ------------------
    [Edited last by Peter Kline on September 14, 2001 at 11:57 AM]

18. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

PEARL HARBOR, TITANIC,HINDENBERG,MIDWAY were made into movies, this event will be made into a movie. I just hope they don't make it into a popcorn movie like ARMAGEDDON.

19. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    What's the deal Bill? This is the second post or thread written by you that deals with people profiting from this disaster. Nuff' Said [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Rich
    "A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
    My Website

20. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer