What's new

How long are DVD's finished before being released to buy? (1 Viewer)

Ash Williams

Second Unit
I have always wondered this. Take the Episode 1 DVD for example, I waited in agony for months to get this title, but how soon COULD I have gotten it? I know it sounds like I want instant gratification,and I do
biggrin.gif
, but who doesn't? So does anyone know the answer to this question that has plagued me for so long? Any info would be great.

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
What do you mean by finished? Do you mean finished mastering by the studio? Do you mean finished manufacturing for distribution?
To take a case in point, when we went to L.A. for the HTF national meet (last week of September) we toured the Technicolor DVD manufacturing plant. That day they were busy manufacturing the Final Fantasy DVDs (both discs). The release date was 10/23/01 (not quite a month away).
I doubt that it was much earlier that the DVD software was finished mastering.
------------------

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
All depends on how many copies they need to make. With Episode 1, they were running about 12 million for every region in the world. That's a LOT of discs.
AnimEigo is pressing 90,000+ discs for the Macross box sets, they expect to get the discs back for shipping in 30-40 days if that helps
Jeff Kleist

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks