How Limited is the American Wedding Gift Set?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DouglasRobert, Jan 2, 2004.

1. DouglasRobert

DouglasRobert Second Unit

Just wondering if anybody knows exactly how limited is the American Wedding "Limited Edition Gift Set"?

Will it be available for a few weeks, months or longer, or is it limited in the number produced?

2. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

I don't know the exact numbers, but I can't think of any "Limited" dvd releases in the past that have gone away. The only ones I can remember are ones that are actually numbered. If it isn't numbered, it'll probably be around for a while to come.

3. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Looking at past Universal 'Limited' editions, I would say that they are not very limited at all. I still find ET, Scarface and Seabiscuit 'limited' edition boxsets in most of the stores around here. It's all marketing tactics to make you spend the cash if you ask me.

4. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

It's likely limited to the number of copies they can sell. Cheers.

DS.

5. WillG

WillG Producer

Can anyone tell me if the gift set is worth it. I am inclined to buy it because a 3-hour documentary on the series seems valuable, but the only place I could find it was Best Buy for $30.99 which is a bit pricey for a "just ok" movie. Do we know yet if it is just the "Beneath the Crust" Material cobbled together?

I must chastise Universal for this. Gouging people for extras when many other studios (Fox, New Line perhaps even Warner Bros. and MGM) would have probably just made this a 2-disc special edition. I'm getting sick of these Universal Deluxe Editions and Gift Sets with more features for a significantly higher cost.

6. Estevan Lapena

Estevan Lapena Stunt Coordinator

About as limited as the "Limited Edition" Mars case of Total Recall. Infact the only real limited edition of a DVD in memory was Straw Dogs: Criterion.

7. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

It's probably limited for this initial release only, as packaged with the "free" t-shirt. The series will most likely be re-issued as a box-set including the new bonus disc. The bonus disc is quite good. It's over three hours and covers each film in its own segment, or via a "play-all" option. I'm not sure, but I'd guess that the features for AP and AP2 are the same materials produced for the previous "Beneath the Crust" bonus discs.

When the t-shirt is removed, it leaves enough room to store the AP and AP2 discs in the case as a complete set.

8. Scott Temple

Scott Temple Supporting Actor

The "Beneath the Crust" discs (Volume 1 and 2) released last summer with re-releases of "American Pie" and "American Pie 2" are each 30 minutes in length. Apparently, everything included on those two discs is included on the "American Pie Revealed" disc....plus a whole lot more. So if you passed on the "Beneath the Crust" discs and have purchased the "American Wedding" Limited Edition Gift Set (to get the "American Pie Revealed" disc) you're not missing anything.

Go here

9. jonathan_govols

jonathan_govols Stunt Coordinator

Does anybody know what size the T-shirt is? I am pretty sure I won't be able to wear it (I wear a XXL but I guess a XL would work too) but I guess I could be surprised.

10. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Mine came with a large size, as did two of my friends' copies. I was hoping for an XL.