What's new

How likely is this Moonlighting movie? (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I was reading my local paper and the AP said that Cybil Shephard said during an interview on Britain's GMTV that she is hoping to do a Moonlighting movie and she and Bruce Willis are friends again. With DVD sets coming, is there something to this?

DianaM

Agent
Yes I am VERY happy that the dvds will be out in 2005. If you're a big fan of Moonlighting, then you will want to check out the 10 issues of Moonlighting Strangers Fanzine we have posted on moonlighting21.com.

The latest issue features an interview with Cybill Shepherd and she discusses her strong feelings for a Moonlighting Movie with Bruce.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
But how does Bruce feel?

There is a pretty long history of outspoken, public hostility between the two.

Of course a bundle of money could go a long way towards a ‘kiss and make up’ scenario.

DianaM

Agent
According to Cybill, they are getting along fine now. This is what she was quoted as saying just the other day, as was reported all over the place:

The actress said she hoped to make a film version of "Moonlighting," the hit 80s TV show in which she starred opposite Bruce Willis.

The pair fell out while filming the TV show but Shepherd said they are now friends.

"When people get a tremendous amount of success, especially for the first time, it doesn't necessarily bring out the best in them," she said. "We get on fine now. I adore Bruce and we're dying to do a Moonlighting movie."

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Given the state of Cybill during that UK interview, I'm not sure she's up for a movie.

I'm sure she's dying to get the movie on track, though, since she has nothing else going on. Sort of like Sharon Stone constantly flogging "Basic Instinct 2."

DeeF

Screenwriter
Aren't Sharon Stone and Cybill Shepherd the same person? Have you ever seen them in a room together?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I remember all the public hostility but never heard of them making up. That would have been news.
I sure would like to hear how that transpired.
Article??

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
I'd be surprised if Bruce Willis does this. He doesn't need to and his post 'Die Hard' image no longer fits with advid Addison. Even in comedies like "The Whole 9 Yards" or his stint on "Friends" he plays it tough.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think Willis could be persuaded, since he still occasionally mentions Moonlighting as something he's proud of. I don't think he'd be interested in taking much of a discount for it, though, and I doubt a studio would be up for what that would do to the budget.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Doing a Moonlighting movie would be a great way for Bruce to make up for The Whole Ten Yards.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I just hope that if this is true, that Allyce Beasley (Agnes DiPesto) and Curtis Armstrong (Herbert Viola) return as well. It wouldn't be "Moonlighting" without them.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Blue Moon Detective Agency
If you're in trouble,
If you're in a jam,
Don't talk to me,
I don't give a damn!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks