1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How is Vas linked to size and other Tall Tales

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Larson, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

How is the Vas of a driver linked to the volume it'll give the flattest response in? I'm assuming there's a mathematical formula??
    The Adire website gives three "alignments", so how do you work out something like the EBS alignment for any driver? (Huge, with huge sound) [​IMG]
    Any other relationships between specs on paper and real-world building issues?

2. Greg Monfort

Greg Monfort Supporting Actor

>How is the Vas of a driver linked to the volume it'll give the flattest response in? I'm assuming there's a mathematical formula??
    ====
    This has all you'll ever need to know:
    http://home10.inet.tele.dk/cfuttrup/dpc.htm
    ====
    >Any other relationships between specs on paper and real-world building issues?
    ====
    Yes, but until you know how the specs are derived....
    Some that's not so obvious though is VC heating, BL and compliance distortion, and port non-linearity with increasing excursion. Few programs address these. Lspcad does, as do manufacturer's high zoot in-house design software. Don't know of any others, but I don't keep abreast of what's available. Fewer still address non-golden ratio cab dims and how it affects modal distribution.
    GM