How is Vas linked to size and other Tall Tales

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Larson, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

How is the Vas of a driver linked to the volume it'll give the flattest response in? I'm assuming there's a mathematical formula??
    The Adire website gives three "alignments", so how do you work out something like the EBS alignment for any driver? (Huge, with huge sound) [​IMG]
    Any other relationships between specs on paper and real-world building issues?

2. Greg Monfort

Greg Monfort Supporting Actor

>How is the Vas of a driver linked to the volume it'll give the flattest response in? I'm assuming there's a mathematical formula??
    ====
    This has all you'll ever need to know:
    http://home10.inet.tele.dk/cfuttrup/dpc.htm
    ====
    >Any other relationships between specs on paper and real-world building issues?
    ====
    Yes, but until you know how the specs are derived....
    Some that's not so obvious though is VC heating, BL and compliance distortion, and port non-linearity with increasing excursion. Few programs address these. Lspcad does, as do manufacturer's high zoot in-house design software. Don't know of any others, but I don't keep abreast of what's available. Fewer still address non-golden ratio cab dims and how it affects modal distribution.
    GM