1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How is the SONY 2ES for Music ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by anthony_b, Mar 29, 2003.

1. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

I've never owned a sony amp in the past but I'm looking at the Sony2es AV reciever mostly due to the fact I could hook up my DVD-A and SACD player without a switch box.
    (using the 2 multichannel inputs). I've owned ONKYO and Denon in the past. I currently have for sale my Onkyo 575x for an upgrade like this. I do 50/50 music/ht. Will it dissapoint me ?

2. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

I guess sony is not the way to go..[​IMG]

3. terence

terence Supporting Actor

4. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

Let me say, I am not an expert by any means but I just happen to have sold my Onkyo 575 and purchased a DA2ES. I ended up exchanging it for a Denon 2803 because it didn't sound good for music(very lacking in bass). Either radio or CD's. It did sound good for movies though. Maybe I just needed to play around with the EQ more, but I spent 3 weeks and still could not get a satisfactory sound out the Sony. The Denon blows the DA2ES away for music IMO. They sound about the same for movies. As for your question, I believe you will be dissapointed. Anywho, hoped this helped.[​IMG]

5. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

Guys, thanks for the input..[​IMG]

6. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Anthony:

Sorry to get to your thread so late.

I've been using a 2ES in my office for a couple of months now (it's a good-sized room, about 20x20 feet). I swapped an H/K 225 into the system for a few days and, much to my surprise, I was disappointed in its performance compared with the 2ES. The 2 is very flexible, and you can EQ it to sound how you like. The H/K is smoother, but it lacked oomph. I like a very detailed sound, and the 2 can provide that.