1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

How is the SONY 2ES for Music ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by anthony_b, Mar 29, 2003.

1. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

I've never owned a sony amp in the past but I'm looking at the Sony2es AV reciever mostly due to the fact I could hook up my DVD-A and SACD player without a switch box.
    (using the 2 multichannel inputs). I've owned ONKYO and Denon in the past. I currently have for sale my Onkyo 575x for an upgrade like this. I do 50/50 music/ht. Will it dissapoint me ?

2. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

I guess sony is not the way to go..[​IMG]

3. terence

terence Supporting Actor

4. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

Let me say, I am not an expert by any means but I just happen to have sold my Onkyo 575 and purchased a DA2ES. I ended up exchanging it for a Denon 2803 because it didn't sound good for music(very lacking in bass). Either radio or CD's. It did sound good for movies though. Maybe I just needed to play around with the EQ more, but I spent 3 weeks and still could not get a satisfactory sound out the Sony. The Denon blows the DA2ES away for music IMO. They sound about the same for movies. As for your question, I believe you will be dissapointed. Anywho, hoped this helped.[​IMG]

5. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

Guys, thanks for the input..[​IMG]

6. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Anthony:

Sorry to get to your thread so late.

I've been using a 2ES in my office for a couple of months now (it's a good-sized room, about 20x20 feet). I swapped an H/K 225 into the system for a few days and, much to my surprise, I was disappointed in its performance compared with the 2ES. The 2 is very flexible, and you can EQ it to sound how you like. The H/K is smoother, but it lacked oomph. I like a very detailed sound, and the 2 can provide that.