What's new

How is the SONY 2ES for Music ? (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I've never owned a sony amp in the past but I'm looking at the Sony2es AV reciever mostly due to the fact I could hook up my DVD-A and SACD player without a switch box.
(using the 2 multichannel inputs). I've owned ONKYO and Denon in the past. I currently have for sale my Onkyo 575x for an upgrade like this. I do 50/50 music/ht. Will it dissapoint me ?

Vincent_S

Second Unit
Let me say, I am not an expert by any means but I just happen to have sold my Onkyo 575 and purchased a DA2ES. I ended up exchanging it for a Denon 2803 because it didn't sound good for music(very lacking in bass). Either radio or CD's. It did sound good for movies though. Maybe I just needed to play around with the EQ more, but I spent 3 weeks and still could not get a satisfactory sound out the Sony. The Denon blows the DA2ES away for music IMO. They sound about the same for movies. As for your question, I believe you will be dissapointed. Anywho, hoped this helped.:)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Anthony:

Sorry to get to your thread so late.

I've been using a 2ES in my office for a couple of months now (it's a good-sized room, about 20x20 feet). I swapped an H/K 225 into the system for a few days and, much to my surprise, I was disappointed in its performance compared with the 2ES. The 2 is very flexible, and you can EQ it to sound how you like. The H/K is smoother, but it lacked oomph. I like a very detailed sound, and the 2 can provide that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks