What's new

How Is "The Philadelphia Story" on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
I searched and searched, really I did, but I can't find anything on HTF about how good The Philadelphia Story DVD is. I don't know if the search function is working right.

Any opinions? I really want this title and sitting here watching it on TCM has only stoked the fire.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It's one of my favorite movies, so I definitely picked up a copy of the DVD.

As far as extras go, it only includes a trailer.

As for the film itself, I haven't watched it in a while but I remember the transfer being pretty good. Not perfect, but there's nothing to take away from the enjoyment of watching the film.

Hopefully now that Warner is distributing it, they'll give it the 2 disc SE treatment it deserves.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Considering the age and budget of the film, this is a very good looking disc indeed. The print is nice and clean with good detail and saturated colour. Maybe a little on the grainy side now and then, but nothing too bad. The Chase 5.1-channel re-mix is more of a mixed bag, but it gets the job done. If you're a fan of the film, the disc's picture and sound won't disappoint.

Adam

Derek_McL

Second Unit
"Saturated colour?" Not sure what you mean there Adam. The last time I looked The Philadephia Story (1940) was in black and white ?! Maybe I'm picking you up wrong but yes its a pretty good transfer.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Gah. That'll teach me not to read more carefully. I thought the question was about the Philadelphia Experiment. I guess senility is catching up on me faster than I thought, Derek! :laugh:

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks