What's new

How is the Panasonic DMR-E30 as a progressive player? (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Excellent. I own both the RP 82 and the E 30 and they incorporate the Sage / Farojuda progresive scan chip. The Sage / Farojuda is the best progressive scan process on the market right now. Personally, from what I see from watching DVD's on my HD TV, this chip delivers as good a picture as you can get from 480P. To get any better you would have to watch true HD in either 720P or 1080I.

If you can find an RP 82 buy it immediately. I understand the player has be dis-continued.

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone else confirm that the E30 has the Sage/Faroudja chipset? The reason I ask is because Ernest has stated in this thread that it does, but in THIS thread MikeSRC has stated that the E30 does NOT have the Sage/Faroudja chips??? Anyone know what the truth is? The reason I ask is because I am in debate whether to get the E30 for cheap on close out, or wait for the E50...

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
The E30 (or any Panny DVD recorder for that matter) do NOT have the Sage/Faroudja chipset. They use Panasonic's own flag-reading chip. Picture quality is very good, but not quite as good as the RP82/XP30/XP50/CP72.

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

Does anybody know the differences in the DMR-E30 and the upcoming DMR-E50? When will the 50 be available? I am looking at the 30 now but I could probably wait for the new 50 model if it won't be long. I wish they had a firewire input but other than that it seems like the ideal recorder to me. Unless of course you want to spend the larger amount for the recorder with the hard drive built-in.

Thanks,
Glenn

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,

Thanks for the links. I think I will end up waiting for the DMR-E60 model. But that DMR-E30 seems to be a good deal right now. If only it had a firewire input. I'm fighting temptation here......

Thanks,
Glenn

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
Ya, I ended up biting the bullet and got the DMR-E30 for $417.81 shipped from onecall (enter coupon bbdmr). Worst case I eBay it, and get the E50 when it comes out in a few weeks.

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Lane,
>>Worst case I eBay it, and get the E50 when it comes out in a few weeks.
I am still fighting temptation and that deal comes up!! :frowning:
If I wait I think I will hold out and get the E60 model which comes with a firewire input.
Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks