How is the new Van Halen release?

Discussion in 'Music' started by todbnla, Jul 23, 2004.

1. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    I guess what I am asking is, is it worth the price for the same songs already released? $16 for just 3 new songs? Bad enough I had to plunk down almost $100 for 1 ticket to see their show...(I bought 2)[​IMG]
    Any one seen their new tour?

2. Clint B

Clint B Second Unit

I was wondering the same thing. I've heard one of the new songs, but not the other two, so I'd like to know if it's worth buying this release for three new songs and a bunch of re-released tracks.

3. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    Personally, I don't think it's worth it. I've listened to the new songs (picked them up off iTunes) and to me they're average at best. Besides the three new songs, I already own all the music on the double CD set. I've heard that the Sammy stuff has been remastered, so if you're a Sammy fan then maybe it's worth it.

4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

or $3 for 3 MP4's on iTunes.

Also, everyone is saying that the song "Finished What You Started" gets cut off at the end (i.e. a major publishing mistake)

5. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Thanks Mark!

6. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

It does ... it's true.

The new songs are OK, nothing special.
    Although LEARNING TO SEE has a heavy riff, coupled with some good Sammy singing. Probably the best of the 3.

7. Greg_C_T

Greg_C_T Second Unit

The Sammy-era songs have been remastered and sound much better than their album counterparts.

As for the three new songs, I like Up for Breakfast the best. Yeah the lyrics are typical Sammy cheese, but his tongue is firmly in cheek and the music is very easy to groove to.

It's About Time is still just a fun tune with a killer ending, but I need to hear a clean version of Learning To See before I pass judgement on that one. It had a bit too much of Sammy just screaming over the ending, but I liked how heavy it was...