What's new

How is the HK 230? (1 Viewer)

Steven Larson

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the HK 330 at Circuit City last night, and was blown away by how cool it looks!! then I started doing some research, and it seems to be a good home theater receiver as well. However it is a bit out of my price range.

So I was looking at the 230. Anyone have experience with this receiver or opinions on it?

Steve

Kris_Smith

Agent
I own the 230 until tonight....I will HAVE the 630 by tomorrow....Even if I don't I'm still all smiles.....And with a few more hundreds in my pocket to boot!

I feel that the 230 is great, but I want MORE....Even though I will probably never use the extra power of the 630 at least I wll have it.......

I've never even maxed out the 230 yet....I had it up to -9 running thru Alpha 50's and it was "only" dialogue, but daym it was WAAAYYYYY too loud...Since the receiver goes to +3 that means I have about 12 more notches in reserve...

Yes, it does look cool, but wait until it gets dark, that is when it's true beauty shines.......

People will tell you there is not too much difference between the 230 & the 330 besides a few more watts and a few more dollars....

Trust me, you'll be pleased.......

Clayton Jr

Grip
I believe the 330 also has multi-room capabilities that the 230 lacks. If you don't need multi-room, then the 230 has all the 330's capabilities. (I just ordered a 230 yesterday, myself.)

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator
Based on my research, don't discount last year's AVR225 and AVR325 models either. You can find great deals for them online.

Steven Larson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys!! I did find some good deals on the 225 and 325, but I was totally enamoured by the looks of the 230/330....I love that blue light thing.....so I am a geek!!

I ordered one from a guy on EB with a great rating, he just shipped it today too.....about $100 less than Circuit City....I am really looking forward to it!!

Steve

LexusN

Agent
Steven Larson, which one did you end up getting? I also bought one on EB under $4 bills including shipping...its coming here today..

LexusN

Agent
yeah...I got the same model too...and i got it around that price, it will be here today before 5 and I can't wait...good luck with yours...

Kris_Smith

Agent
Congrats! You'll love it.....

I did return my 230 last night in exchange for the 630.....

In sound:
It's a huge difference.
My speakers enjoy the power.
It's crystal clear.

It was a $500 price difference, but I justified at least $200 of that for the remote...I like the remote and hopefully can run everything thru the receiver.....

Daym, you guys are pulling some great deals thru the internet....I have absolutely no patience....If I hand over the money I want the product in hand too or else no deal.....I'm also worried about the quality and/or return abilities.....

Anyway I guess we'll both be having alot of fun with our new equipment.....

HK all day!

Kris_Smith

Agent
Daym, That's a great price.....

Still, no way I could wait.....

Anybody with $600 to spend on a receiver and doesn't mind waiting a couple days should definately jump on that deal.....

LexusN

Agent
wahoo....I got mine today and still in the process of setup...boy, this remote is no joke...haha

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks