How is the Diana Krall Look of Love SACD

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jeff Adams, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I am just looking at expanding on my SACD collection and wanted opinions or reviews on this SACD. Any opinions on it?

2. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

Probably my least favorite Krall album, and way too overproduced for my tastes. But it sounds great.

3. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Supporting Actor

I agree, Rich. The sonics are excellent, but the music is so overproduced that it doesn't have much personality. When my wife pointed out another Krall song in the ending credits to a movie, it sounded like a different artist - much more interesting. I think it was that Eastwood flick about the death penalty.

Doug

4. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

I prefer "When I Look In Your Eyes" when it comes to her stuff on SACD, but my favorite Krall (performance-wise) is "Live in Paris". Somehow, all that "Look of Love" material (which comprises alot of her set) comes off much better live. At least to me. [​IMG]

But it's her cover of Joni Mitchell's "A Case of You" that leaves me utterly in awe. I didn't think anyone but Joni could do that song justice, but here it is. "Do It Again" comes off real well in this show, too, as do all the more uptempo jazz tunes.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I prefer When I Look in Your Eyes as well. One of my favorite SACDs. The MC tracks are not bad, but I prefer the 2ch tracks. The DTS track on Live in Paris is exceptional.

6. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    It sounds good. The other stuff is very subjective.... My favourite song by her is her cover of the Beatles AND I LOVE HER on the GRP Artists doing the Beatles. I'd like to hear her venture into more recent pop, more recent than the 40's and 50's stuff she seems to prefer.