What's new

How is the BIG (tom hanks movie) DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone own this? I saw it for ten dollars (widescreen version) wondering the quality of dvd and if their will be a special edition coming out?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Be careful-a lot the stores that have it cheap (Target, Wal-Mart) have the full screen version only.

PQ is what you'd expect for an older Fox release-not bad, but not awesome. I love the movie, so to me it's worth it.

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I am stuck with an unopened FS version of Big. Anyone have any ideas how to get it replaced with WS?

Ron

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Big and Mrs. Doubtfire are both 4:3 letterboxed, I think.

Since these are popular movies, both should eventually get 16x9 treatment.

I'm gonna wait.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Rbirk, take it to a store that doesn't make you have receipts for exchanges. Wal-Mart and Best Buy work. Toy 'R' Us works if they carry many DVDs in your area.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If you have a Borders near you, go there. They'll accept exchanges without a receipt as long as they've carried the product within the past two years.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Oh, please, give us a BIG: SE. It's one of my favorite movies and the DVD is terrible.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I thought Fox hinted about a Big: SE in a previous chat.
They did say it was something they'd revisit, along with Home Alone, but for the time being we're stuck with two great movies that look pretty crappy (Home Alone's transfer is even worse).

I wonder if there's any thing to update on those two. The AMC Backstory special would be a nice inclusion, and FOX has put them on a number of DVDs.

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
This is one of Tom Hanks' best movies. :) I like him more in comedies than in drama.

I'll wait for an anamorphic version.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
This one definitely deserves a new SE immediately. This was a childhood favorite of mine and is an 80's classic. I have the current disc and it is definitely better than nothing and I recommend picking it up if you are a fan of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks