How is shipping with North American DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Porter, May 28, 2002.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I think I'm about to start buying the X-files sets from them. How is their shipping and how secure is their checkout? My parents are extremely paranoid about giving their credit card # out on the internet. Any feedback anyone?

~Kevin

2. Guy_K

Guy_K Second Unit

I've had no problem with northamericandvd.com. They ship out via UPS, and everything arrived in perfect condition.

3. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Be prepared for a very long wait. I live in Minnesota and it took over two weeks to receive my order for an in-stock item (it did eventually arrive in fine condition, however). Although, I have yet to see what the actual billing will be on my credit card once the tranfer rate is calculated.
    I would also have to be rather critical of their lack of customer support. There is no way to check your order status at their website and when I emailed them twice to inquire about the status of my order, I never received even one reply.
    That is my one experience. [​IMG]

4. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    I ordered from North American DVD several times, and am very pleased with their service and prices. They ship out of Toronto and I usually get my order within 5 or 6 days, which I consider really good for a firm in another country.
    As for customer service, on my last order, I accidently flip-flopped two numbers from my credit card and the next day I had an e-mail from them explaining that the number didn't work. I wrote back with the correct number and within 3 hours I had a reply that my order had been shipped. As for using a credit card they are secure. With the really good exchange rate, right now, you should do fine on the prices.

5. mike martin

mike martin Stunt Coordinator

I have had good experience with NADVD; but now I have a question. Isn't the US price clearly given when you make the purchase? What I mean is, I don't think there should be any change of price due to exchange rate. Each item has a canadian price and a us price. When I buy Star Trek Next Generation Season one for $85, I should get charged $85 dollars. Why else even bother with NADVD if not for the great price?