What's new

How is overscan and geometry on Mits TVs out of the box? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Just curious ---- those of you who own new Mits TV's --- how does your overscan and geometry look out of the box?
Have you found the need to change it? I'm looking at gettings a Mits later this year and was wondering. I will eventually get an ISF calibration on it, as well. But, I know my ISF guy charges extra for overscan and geometry.

Eric Hahn

Agent
I dont really see any speed bumps, my geometry seems ok, and the overscan I think is ok, but the focus is horrible, I am working on the electrostatic and manual focus, but I have yet to see how to work on the quad field focus.

I know every set is different, but this is pretty poor, people say it will be great after a calibration, but I have yet to find someone to come to my area, that is interested in doing a quality job.

just my .02 -mits 48-413

Phil Carter

Second Unit
Real Name
Phil
My Mits WS48-413 has pretty serious overscan (see this thread for the details if you're curious). It's at about 6% on the sides and 4.5% on the top and bottom.

Having it ISF-calibrated next month by Gregg Loewen. That should fix that up right quick-like.

cheers,
Phil

Eric Hahn

Agent
Phil, let me know how you make out after the calibration, I am on the list for Gregg as well, and I am anxiously waiting to see the differance, I also have a 48413, so your experiences are very interesting to me..

thanks Eric

Users who are viewing this thread