1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

How is overscan and geometry on Mits TVs out of the box?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dave H, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Just curious ---- those of you who own new Mits TV's --- how does your overscan and geometry look out of the box?
    Have you found the need to change it? I'm looking at gettings a Mits later this year and was wondering. I will eventually get an ISF calibration on it, as well. But, I know my ISF guy charges extra for overscan and geometry.

2. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Anyone? Any ISF people would be great to hear from about this.

3. Eric Hahn

Eric Hahn Agent

I dont really see any speed bumps, my geometry seems ok, and the overscan I think is ok, but the focus is horrible, I am working on the electrostatic and manual focus, but I have yet to see how to work on the quad field focus.

I know every set is different, but this is pretty poor, people say it will be great after a calibration, but I have yet to find someone to come to my area, that is interested in doing a quality job.

just my .02 -mits 48-413

4. Phil Carter

Phil Carter Second Unit

Phil
    My Mits WS48-413 has pretty serious overscan (see this thread for the details if you're curious). It's at about 6% on the sides and 4.5% on the top and bottom.

Having it ISF-calibrated next month by Gregg Loewen. That should fix that up right quick-like.

cheers,
    Phil

5. Eric Hahn

Eric Hahn Agent

Phil, let me know how you make out after the calibration, I am on the list for Gregg as well, and I am anxiously waiting to see the differance, I also have a 48413, so your experiences are very interesting to me..

thanks Eric