How is Mitsubishi's reliability?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ted Ross, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

Im currently looking for a 55inch or smaller tv. Basically I want one that will put out the best DVD picture possible. Ive been leaning towards the mitsu because it doesent upconvert the 480p signal, but I know nothing about mitsu rptvs. I do have a 21inch mitsu monitor that has been trouble free for the last 2 years. Let me know what you think about mitsu tvs. Also, what other tv(brand/model) could you reommend that meets my criteria for

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I bought a 46" 16:9 (46807) back in February of 01'. I've not had any problems.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

3. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

I've owned two Mits RPTV's over the last 13 years. The first one for 9 years...4 years into it I had a problem. With the extended warranty it was no problem. Kept it for another 4 trouble free years and sold it.
    I bought another Mits three years ago. No problems (with the exception of the the "jail bar bug" which Mits fixed early on-not a problem with sets after the initial production run of that year's model). I recently sold it and went the front projector route. I will never buy another RPTV again....how could I live with anything less than a 106" diag. screen. [​IMG]
    IMHO, Mits is the best bang for the buck. Pioneer, I think makes the best RPTV (overall)of the big electronics. companies.
    Good LUck
    Ron

4. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

thanks for the info!

5. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

Just got a 55311 and I love it. After it breaks in the initial period, it gets alot smoother and more filmlike. I'm very satisfied with it user-friendliness, too. Because my HT is also my living room, the wife has to be able to run all the components and she has no problems doing so. She was a little hesitant about the "tv makes them look fatter" (in stretched mode) issue, but she's totally over it less than two weeks later.
    My Uncle got one of their very first widescreens about 4 years ago and had a small problem. Immediately, Mitsubishi had him a replacement set, and has kept up that level of service since then, as well. I don't think that you can go wrong with a Mitsubishi. I've always been a Toshiba fan, but with the financing deal Mitsubishi is running right now, and the conversion to 480P instead of 540P, I took the plunge, and I have no regrets.

Good luck!

Matt

6. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

Thanks Matt, I was actually considering the 55411, so your info is right up my alley!

7. Jim Can

Jim Can Stunt Coordinator

Ted, Let me know if you get the 55411. I am so close to going and buying that tv! The best price I can find is $2699

8. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

Can anybody tell me about the 53 inch Panasonic? I can it it dirt cheap & was wondering how the picture is on it(especially with dvds)& how it compares to the mitsubishis

9. StephenRabinowitz

My 55411 is being delivered tomorrow, got it for $2278 + delivery & tax.

10. Jim Can

Jim Can Stunt Coordinator

11. StephenRabinowitz

Bargained with my local store.

12. HankM

HankM Second Unit

I have had my 46805 since December 99' without any problems.

13. JeromeS

JeromeS Stunt Coordinator

I've got a WS-46807 that was purchased back in July 01 and haven't had any trouble. I got an extended warranty anyway just in case. Also you'll be able to tweak a Mitsubishi more than other brands. Just go to Home Theater Spot under forums.
    I also have a Mitsubishi 27" TV that I bought back in 1992 and except for a small repair the other day, the picture still looks good as when I bought it.

14. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

and if you get the 65 inch moddle they can be broken down to 2 pieces for transfer to rooms with a short entrance like basement stairs

15. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

Yeah, i was aware of that, but 65 is too big for my room-perhaps Ill wait for the 48inch to come out

16. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

Icould get the 55 incher into my room is I set it on its side to get it through the door-is that advisable?

17. Bill Blank

Bill Blank Stunt Coordinator

I'm also in the hunt for a Mitsu 55" HDTV. Tweeter offers three models, one with an integrated tuner. I'll be going this week and spending a lot of time with a salesman to make sure I get the right TV.

I'm sticking with Tweeter for two reasons:

They're offering No Payments/No Interest until 2004.
    They only charge $30 for in-home delivery.

I'm sticking with Mitsu because they've got the one of the best RPTV pictures I've seen, only Pioneer Elite is better IMO, and the fact that they offer a 5-year "Future-proof" guarantee that ensures my set will not be obsolete once all of the standards for DTV and HDTV broadcasting are worked out over the next few years.

Let me know how you make out. I'll keep you posted on my Tweeter experience.

Bill

18. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

I found out my measurements were wrong & the correct ones will let the 55incher fit in my room! However, I have to wait till the end of this month till my 55411 comes in. i agree with you on mitsu TVs-the only other sets that look better OOTB are the elite line. Actually, my folks just bought a Hitachi 51swx20b & the pic on that set comes close as well, but it up converts everything except 1080i signals [​IMG]

19. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Auditioning

I've had my 45" Mits for 7 years without a problem.

I used to sell Mits TV's (among others) and we loved selling extended warranties with them as we knew they rarely needed to use them.

You won't be disappointed.

20. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

where on earth are you getting it with no payments until 2004?