How is it that I can mix alcohols and not get sick?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenA, May 16, 2002.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Many times I've mixed stuff like Jack Daniels, Jose Cuervo, maitais, kamakazees, screwdrivers, Smirnoff, beer, and Smirnoff Ice, and I never get sick. I never had all those at once, but like maybe a couple maitais, a couple shots of whiskey, and a beer, hopefully you get the idea. I've always been told that if you mix hard stuff with beer or malt liquor, that you throw up. Strangely this hasn't happened to me. I'm not a huge drinker most of the time, but when I go to the bar I am. I usually get smashed every 3 to 5 months, and never get a hangover or throw up, which is strange.

2. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Mix it with any drink that uses dairy products, mud slide, etc etc, and your asking for it.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Stephen: Have you ever drunk Jagermeister? JB

4. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

I drank jagermeister before riding a mechanical bull after alerady being really drunk. I don't really remember the rest of the night all that well. I don't think I got sick, but I felt pretty bad in the morning! [​IMG]

5. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Jagermeister is really nasty shit. Ever try drinking a bottle of cough syrup? It's like that.

6. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

My experience has taught me to avoid like the plague anything with the numbers 151 on it.

Cheers.

Chris

7. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Screenwriter

I once drank an entire small size bottle of Goldschlager. I spent the next day wishing someone would put a bullet through my head to end the suffering.

8. Chris Knox

Chris Knox Stunt Coordinator

Beer before liquor, never sicker...

Liquor before beer, never fear...

9. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

But you're forgetting the First Rule Of Fun:

ALWAYS mix your drinks!

I get bored really easily when drinking, and rarely drink two of the same of an evening (unless its wine and I'm being civilised, obviously).

10. Ron Etaylor

Ron Etaylor Second Unit

It could be Stephen A that you are the chosen one. Please teach us, oh master[​IMG]

11. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

After a bottle of Turning Leaf Cabernet Sauvignon and a couple (6) OB lagers (Korean crap) I had all orifices active at the same time. Not very pretty and, like Jeff, wished I could have put a bullet in my head.

12. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Try this combination in a span of 4 hours:

4 large Caesers (make sure lots of tobasco and worcestershire, and use Clamato, not tomato juice)

6 Canadian beer (oops, these were apple ciders)

4 double shots tequila

If you are not legally dead you are a better man than I.

I could mix whatever I wanted as a teenager with no real side effects, sure I might hurl, but the next day was no problem. Then came that one day...

13. Chris Knox

Chris Knox Stunt Coordinator

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, FLOOR!

14. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

[​IMG]

15. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

I can never drink wine and then a beer. But liquor and beer go together easily enough for me, though I hardly ever drink liquor.

16. Ben Osborne

Ben Osborne Second Unit

What did me in was two Manhattans, few shots of Bacardi 151, a Don Sebastian cigar, and a large Papa John's pizza. Not a good combination!

17. Brad_V

Brad_V Second Unit

If I drink on a somewhat-regular basis, like once a week, then I'm similar to Stephen and can do pretty much anything I want, especially on a full stomach. I thought I was truly invincible for awhile there. Never would get a headache the next day or anything at all.
    Mixing Bacardi 151 with lava or straight vodka, not too big a deal. Nothing like wimpy jagermeister or goldschlagger. [​IMG] I think those are only around 40-proof. I'm pretty much the only one I know who drinks 99bananas on a regular basis. Smells like bananas... so how could it be 99-proof and make you walk funny? [​IMG] (Doesn't taste like bananas, that's for sure.)
    And now, not drinking even once a week, sometimes not even once a month, mild stuff gets to me. I was taking my time with some mild stuff the other day at my friend's bar on his birthday, but then he got the new "99" in: 99apples. So we both did a shot of that. Well, he owns the bar, so he did three in ten minutes without batting an eye. I did the one and haven't felt that bad since doing two shots of bacardi 151 back-to-back. It had that big bite to it, although it did go away fairly quickly, whereas bacardi 151 has that big bite *and* keeps biting. I have since realized that bacardi 151 is something I'd rather put in my car instead of drink. That stuff's like drinking jet fuel.
    Anyway, Stephen, a big part of it might be if you have had a good meal before drinking. That really helps soak it all up. If I haven't eaten for most of the day, drinks get to me real quick.

18. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

19. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I believe there is a term for this, it's called ALCOHOLISM. My friend is the same way. [​IMG]