What's new

How is it that I can mix alcohols and not get sick? (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
Many times I've mixed stuff like Jack Daniels, Jose Cuervo, maitais, kamakazees, screwdrivers, Smirnoff, beer, and Smirnoff Ice, and I never get sick. I never had all those at once, but like maybe a couple maitais, a couple shots of whiskey, and a beer, hopefully you get the idea. I've always been told that if you mix hard stuff with beer or malt liquor, that you throw up. Strangely this hasn't happened to me. I'm not a huge drinker most of the time, but when I go to the bar I am. I usually get smashed every 3 to 5 months, and never get a hangover or throw up, which is strange.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Mix it with any drink that uses dairy products, mud slide, etc etc, and your asking for it.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I drank jagermeister before riding a mechanical bull after alerady being really drunk. I don't really remember the rest of the night all that well. I don't think I got sick, but I felt pretty bad in the morning! :)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Jagermeister is really nasty shit. Ever try drinking a bottle of cough syrup? It's like that.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I once drank an entire small size bottle of Goldschlager. I spent the next day wishing someone would put a bullet through my head to end the suffering.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
But you're forgetting the First Rule Of Fun:

ALWAYS mix your drinks!

I get bored really easily when drinking, and rarely drink two of the same of an evening (unless its wine and I'm being civilised, obviously).

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
After a bottle of Turning Leaf Cabernet Sauvignon and a couple (6) OB lagers (Korean crap) I had all orifices active at the same time. Not very pretty and, like Jeff, wished I could have put a bullet in my head.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Try this combination in a span of 4 hours:

4 large Caesers (make sure lots of tobasco and worcestershire, and use Clamato, not tomato juice)

6 Canadian beer (oops, these were apple ciders)

4 double shots tequila

If you are not legally dead you are a better man than I.

I could mix whatever I wanted as a teenager with no real side effects, sure I might hurl, but the next day was no problem. Then came that one day...

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
I can never drink wine and then a beer. But liquor and beer go together easily enough for me, though I hardly ever drink liquor.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
What did me in was two Manhattans, few shots of Bacardi 151, a Don Sebastian cigar, and a large Papa John's pizza. Not a good combination!

Brad_V

Second Unit
If I drink on a somewhat-regular basis, like once a week, then I'm similar to Stephen and can do pretty much anything I want, especially on a full stomach. I thought I was truly invincible for awhile there. Never would get a headache the next day or anything at all.
Mixing Bacardi 151 with lava or straight vodka, not too big a deal. Nothing like wimpy jagermeister or goldschlagger. :P I think those are only around 40-proof. I'm pretty much the only one I know who drinks 99bananas on a regular basis. Smells like bananas... so how could it be 99-proof and make you walk funny? :) (Doesn't taste like bananas, that's for sure.)
And now, not drinking even once a week, sometimes not even once a month, mild stuff gets to me. I was taking my time with some mild stuff the other day at my friend's bar on his birthday, but then he got the new "99" in: 99apples. So we both did a shot of that. Well, he owns the bar, so he did three in ten minutes without batting an eye. I did the one and haven't felt that bad since doing two shots of bacardi 151 back-to-back. It had that big bite to it, although it did go away fairly quickly, whereas bacardi 151 has that big bite *and* keeps biting. I have since realized that bacardi 151 is something I'd rather put in my car instead of drink. That stuff's like drinking jet fuel.
Anyway, Stephen, a big part of it might be if you have had a good meal before drinking. That really helps soak it all up. If I haven't eaten for most of the day, drinks get to me real quick.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Try this combination in a span of 4 hours:
4 large Caesers (make sure lots of tobasco and worcestershire, and use Clamato, not tomato juice)
6 Canadian beer (oops, these were apple ciders)
4 double shots tequila
If you are not legally dead you are a better man than I.
Hmm, I'm sure there's an implicit suggestion there Jeff that you are legally dead!!:D Nice funeral, was it?
Mixing drinks can be evil but if you've never been ill Stephen, I think I'm going with Ron: You are indeed the chosen one...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks