How is DeepDiscountDVD's service?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Reginald Trent, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

I'm considering buying something from them and wanted to know before I buy.

2. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

I've had nothing but excellent service from them in the 4 orders I have placed. They usually ship a week before street date to ensure that the free shipping orders make it to their destinations by release. I've only called them on one order to check when a backordered title would come back into stock. While the date the rep gave me turned out to be wrong, it was 'good' wrong as the title shipped about a week before. One caveat... they don't have an online order status or anyway to cancel an order online if you should change your mind (or find a better deal). They do have customer service by phone, which I found to be speedy.
    Bottom line: I've found them to be so good on prices and meeting delivery dates that I do almost all my pre-orders through them. The reason I say 'almost' has to do only with their limited selection, as they tend to carry only the most mainstream titles. But this has been improving!
    Hope this helped! [​IMG]

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

They have excellent customer service on the telephone. Just be aware that the free shipping option uses a type of mail that is highly unpredictable. I've had things arrive in a week, but some items have taken much longer. With The Simpsons, they finally had to send me a replacement copy after the initial mailing was still missing more than two weeks after it was sent. To their credit, the replacement was sent Priority Mail at no charge.
    I use them for items that I'm not in a huge hurry for. If I want stuff promptly on the street date, I use DVD Empire.
    M.

4. Don Peskin

Don Peskin Stunt Coordinator

Can't say enough good things about them.
    Good prices and great customer service. Polite people answer the phone, and they actually respond to email within 24 hours.
    My only complaint is that they are slow to add new releases. If you go to dvdpricesearch.com to compare prices they very often don't have the title for quite some time. They still don't have Zorro,the Gay Blade and that's been out for months.
    I haven't checked but I believe they do now have online order status checks.
    My favorite etailer

5. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

They are my number one source for DVD's. I have had very good service from them overall. However, as someone else mentioned, the mail delivery can be unpredictable. I usually would receive an order in about 5 or 6 business days. When I ordered Memento, it took two weeks to receive it. But thats not DD's fault! And their customer service always promptly responded to my inquiries. They told me to wait two more days, and if I didnt receive the DVD by then, they would send another copy. Sure enough, the next day it was in the mail!
    Overall highly recommended.