What's new

How important is it really to have matched speakers? (1 Viewer)

Thomas Smailus

Stunt Coordinator
I've been acquiring speakers as I expanded my system...in pairs. Its a real hodge-podge.

The front left and right are 1990 Infinity 6ohm RS speakers, the center is a decade old Infinity Video Center, and in my current ProLogic setup, the surrounds are a pair of Tandy Realistic 40w Minimus 7's. Not having the budget or mood to currently buy a whole set again, and stepping up to real surround via a 7.1 system, I'll be adding 2 rears and a powered subwoofer.

What I'm wondering is how critical is it to get the rears matched to the surrounds - which is more critical, as I understand, than matching all those to the fronts?

Should I get another set similar to the Minimus 7's or just bite the bullet and get a set of 4 matched surround speakers?

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't waste time trying to find new surrounds that will be similar to your old Minimus 7's. Odds are, it will be a frustrating journey.

My advice is to buy two new surrounds (don't worry about matching etc...get the best you can afford) and integrate them into your existing system. If you don't like the results, then order two more of the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks