What's new

How important is a dedicated outlet for for a projector? (1 Viewer)

Mike V

Stunt Coordinator
I am in the process of researching front projection and will make a purchase within the next few months. My room is already finished and there will be some difficulty adding a dedicated outlet to the ceiling. Is it that important to use a dedicated circuit for the projector?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
A dedicated circuit can be useful. As for a dedicated outlet on a noisy circuit, that isn't that helpful. If you can't run dedicated circuit, don't worry about it too much.

Thomas Willard

Stunt Coordinator
Mike:

Don't worry about a dedicated circuit for your new front projector. Most (including my Panasonic PT-L300U) only draw a couple of hundred watts. I would recommend using an uninterruptable power supply (UPS). If the power goes off with the projector in operation, the lack of cooling can shorten the life of the bulb. Since getting mine the power has failed three times while the projector was one. The UPS gave me enough time to power down and let the cooling fan run for a minute. My projector is ceiling mounted and I installed a raceway to hind the cable between the projector and the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks