What's new

How I Met Your Mother Season 3 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
wait a minute didnt anyone see the end of the show.

saget told the whole story thinking a goat was there for his 30th birthday, he was about to tell a story about the goat eating robin's wash cloth then he said
oh never mind robin wasn't living here on my 30th birthday she was living here on my 31st.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That was a nice "Hmm..." moment. More importantly, it occurred to me that telling his kids about Aunt Robin's sexual exploits with Uncle Barney seems rather inappropriate. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What an episode! Do you think Barnie being on the outs will be a single episode (and then he's back), or a longer storyline?

I was disappointed by the Goat storyline. The reference to a future relationship with Robin didn't make up for the lack of payoff on the story.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Why does everyone seem to assume that Ted's comment means that he and Robin are getting back together? He says that Robin was "living here" - he doesn't say "Robin and I were living together."

Ted has been living with Lily and Marshall for years without having sex with either of them, after all. ;) (Although he totally could have bagged Lily a couple of episodes ago. And Marshall pretty much anytime he wanted to, of course. ;))

There are any number of reasons why Robin could be living in that apartment a year hence that have nothing to do with romance and aren't even intended to be permanent. Robin could be staying there temporarily while between apartments, for a few days while her place is being rennovated or fumigated or because Lily is sick and she's helping to care for her. I think that teaser is just the producers messing with our heads. As usual. :D

Regards,

Joe

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
true, just as well as it could be she's living there because her and ted are together again.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
On Friday, May 9th, Cobie Smulders will be on the Late Show with David Letterman.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I had missed the first Britney appearance previously but if last night's show was any indictation of what it was like, I REALLY think this show does not need stunts like it. She was mediocre at best and if she wasn't already famous would be utterly forgettable. I really hope they don't keep bringing her back. Harris was right, the show is better than that and doesn't need to stoop that low for ratings.
Hannigan was very adorable however.

:)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Brit's first appearance was fine, last night's writing was horrific, no real fault to Brit. Not a good episode, last night.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It didn't help that Brit was congested in the bed scene. She sounded all stuffed up.......Thats what she said...LOL

I guess they didn't want to give her any decongestant. She might have taken the whole bottle. :) Or maybe they (like me) thought she might be pregnant and didn't think the fetus needed any more chemicals in her blood.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
excellent news!

Brit actually DID look a bit preggers during the ep. I wonder if she was at the time...
Anyways, IMHO regardless of the quality of the writing, a good comic actor can pull off a passable perf like NPH did. Brit was just awful. Like bad high-school self conscious acting bad. And I REALLY hope we don't see her again. Hopefully since the ratings are bad for the ep. they will just drop the stunt and that's all it is, a cheap stunt. The show and the actors on it are better than that.

:)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Spears worked better in the previous episode because she had less screen time and fewer lines. ;)

I'm glad the show is coming back - I'm just hoping it does so without more stunt casting.

Regards,

Joe

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It would be cool if Sarah Chalke were the mother, but I'm still wondering about that yellow umbrella.

I'm looking forward to Barney trying to woo Robin next season. :)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I wonder what effect (if any) Scrubs possibly being picked up by ABC will have on Sarah's role in HIMYM?

If Scrubs is not picked up, does this mean that maybe Sarah can have a much larger role in this show? Maybe become a regular?

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Scrubs was already picked up by ABC. However, they are already filming the final season of Scrubs and it will finish just as they are preparing to start filming the next season of HIMYM so Chalke is certainly an excellent possibility to return.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So does it really take 3 years to tell these kids how he met there mother? And if it is Sarah Chalke. Why waste our time with these other people for so many years. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks