What's new

How I Met Your Mother season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Last night's episode was not one of my favorites. I don't know, I just felt like the whole episode was nothing but a big neon sign saying "TED AND ROBIN WON'T LAST". We all know that Robin isn't the "mother" in question but did they have to ram that down our throats in only the 3rd episode? Geez, let Ted and Robyn have a little bit of happiness before they start breaking them up already.

The scenes with Lily & Marshall were pretty funny tho. Those two just need to stop being stubborn and go ahead and get back together already!

Barney wanting Ted's parents to love him more than Robin, and succeeding, was sort of funny too.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I liked this week's episode. It felt more all-around funny in a way that I remember last season being.

And I guess I'm late to the party here, but I was finally struck with how great Alyson Hannigan looks with the darker hair (thinking this is more her natural color. The red always seemed inconsistent and a little fake).

And before I start getting accused, I happened to make this observation BEFORE Lily showed up to tease Marshall with her boobs. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I also wasn't too thrilled with the ham-fisted way the writers wanted to let Ted and Robin know that they weren't going to last in this relationship.

Lilypad and Marshmellow were cute in their attempts to not give into their temptations for one another's body parts, and failing valiantly so.

Barney hangin' with Ted's dad was good for laughs.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I agree that the writers are drawing too much attention to the main device of the show and causing unessesary complications for Ted and Robin this early. I realize that they don't end up together but it's conceivable that they could remain a couple for a long while.

As it stands the way the show presented it, it's "the mother isn't Robin because the kids called her 'Aunt Robin' so we have to do everything we can to make sure that relationship ends."

Let it happen naturally is what i'm saying.

Loved the Marshall and Lily stuff, though, and Alyson continues to amaze at how great she looks, she's certaintly come a long way since Willow Rosenberg.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was about to tear Ted a new one for cheating on Robin until I discovered what was really going on. Robin both gained and then lost points for her taste in movies. Points, MAJOR points, for liking Die Hard and then she immediately lost those points for disliking Field of Dreams. ;)

Lily and Marshall continue to be broken up for typical tv show-created reasons and Marshall got in a couple of good quips with Barney tonight lol. When Robin was given that girls address and became all flustered, a very flattering look for Cobie I might add, I was primed for a catfight but alas it was not to be. :frowning:

I'm really liking Ted and Robin as a couple, they have very good chemistry together IMO.

Just picturing that building Ted was describing was enough to make me lol!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Hannigan is proving to be quite a distraction from the usual Cobie adoration.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Totally! I really adored Cobie in the first season, but not so much now (she looks different!)... But Alyson Hannigan... like seeing someone familiar in a new way!

Liked this week's episode a lot.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Very good episode. I was glad to see more of Barney's life. Although he is an uber creep, he is still very funny.

Everybody needs two 300" plasma TVs. LOL

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

But not as good as the "La-Z-Bowl" recliner from the Man's Bathroom on "Tool Time". :)

And somebody needs to get Barney a copy of Aiva or DVE. Both his TV sets are obviously in serious "torch mode". From the look of things they could double was tanning lamps. :D

Joe

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson

Assuming it's 16:9, a 300" set is over 12' tall. I actually paused the show so I could do the calculations.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would imagine that the image on that thing would look like crap that large and sitting as close as they were lol.

Forget home theater, Barney's got home IMAX! :cool:

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Another great episode. But I sure hope that Lilly doesn't have to stay in that apartment much longer. Even with all the stuff she took from Barney's apartment it's still pretty pathetic and she's gonna have major back problems if she keeps sleeping on that bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks