How I delete this from the "right click" menu?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Alf S, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfer
    My wife did a willy nilly download of some "HTML to Image" tool but decided she didn't want it so of course she just starts deleting the folder it's in etc. and doesn't bother to UNINSTALL the program.

Well now when I right click on any image on the web, there is "HTML to Image" listed in the menu but it does nothing when clicked (because all the program info was deleted).

Any idea how to get rid of this from the "right click" menu that pops up??

Thanks
    Alfer

2. Neal_C

Neal_C Second Unit

It is a little late, so I'm not thinking completely clearly to find an easier method, but you could just re-download and install the program and then properly uninstall it and that should remove all remnants, or most anyway, and should tackle the task you are trying to achieve.

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Alf:

The other thing you could try, only if you are comfortable with doing so, is to edit your registry and remove any entries for the program. Otherwise I would do as Neal suggested and just install and then uninstall it.

Parker

4. Neal_C

Neal_C Second Unit

Yes, good 'ole regedit.

A little OT...

Disclaimer: do not try this at home under any circumstances, especially the ones I describe [​IMG]

You know what is fun after about 8 or 10 drinks one night? Go in and play around with regedit, hit the sack, and wake up in the morning and see what kind of havoc you caused.

Not that I would know of course, just sounds like fun.