What's new

How I cleaned up Directv on my RPTV (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I've had my RPTV for about two weeks, I was fairly satisfied with my directv viewing (some channels looked better than others)..That was making me go crazy. I always had the remote in my hand making adjustments depending on what channel I was on. So I did the following :

1st: I cut all of the excess directv RG6 CABLE I had (about 10 ft).

2nd: I downgraded from s-video to composite !!

The difference is almost night and day...Try it, I couldn't believe it.

Cliff Olson

Stunt Coordinator
I cleaned my Directv dramatically over the weekend. I've been viewing it on my Mitsubishi WS65-909, for almost a year. I finally upgraded my S-Video from a cheap Monster Cable, to an MIT "Level 3" S-Video Cable (cheapest MIT they had!). It was only $35 for 10', and the difference has been amazing. I rearranged my HT Room, so I needed a longer run right away (Sunday). I didn't expect to see any difference whatsoever! The colors are *much* more vibrant, the whites are whiter, and most importantly, the blacks are blacker. It even cleaned up the pixels on the wide stretch mode (made them sharper - which I didn't think was possible). :)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Cliff..now you have me thinking my S-video cable was the problem..It was an Acoustic research cable I swapped out for a composite Monster cable..Could it be that a better s-video cable would give me better results ?

Evan M

Second Unit
Using the S-Video cable that came with the satelite receiver, I had similar problems Anthony. I get much better picture quality using the coax connection. Maybe i should try the composite instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks