What's new

how high the speaker stand should be for 12'' high speaker? (1 Viewer)

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
The tweeter height should be the within a couple of inches above or below your seated ear height - between 33" - 36" off the ground.

Pick a stand that will solidly support your E30's and raise the tweeter to your seated ear height!

I use 20" speaker stands for my JBL S26's** and that places my tweeter 35" off the ground (my seated ear height is approx. 33" - cushy comfy couch! ;) ).

**S26 Dimensions (H x W x D) 17" x 10" x 10" / Weight 22 lb

Hope this helps,
Phil

iris

Auditioning
any low end speaker stand recommendation? and metal or wood, which one is better?

tonyKwok

Stunt Coordinator
iris

if you have some free time, it is quite easy to build your own speaker stand. I built 4 of mines with materials purchased from Home Depot. The final product is only a fraction of the cost of the retail stands.

tony

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
Sanus also has a 31" speaker stand. do you think that's 2high for a 12" speaker? it'd put the tweater in the 40"ish range... but i have very high chairs =).

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
cool thx. i notice the image is much better. i had my fronts mounted at nearly standing height. when i sad down, i didn't get any imagery. i'm surprised at the lack of vertical dispersion speakers have vs. horizontal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks