What's new

How here is gonna go see Britney's movie? (1 Viewer)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Better yet, go and see the upcoming movie Britney Baby, One More Time, about the male Britney Spears impersonator and starring the two guys from American Movie.

Exactly. Hopefully it'll come out soon (last I heard, it has a date TBA 2002/2003).
It just premiered at the Sundance Film festival, to good reviews.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Can you believe they're actually trying to put her in another movie? (Mariah Carey)
It's already filmed and it too also premiered at the Sundance festival.
It's called Wisegirls and it's supposedly much better than Glitter...it co-stars Mira Sorvino and Melora Walters.

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
I'd never go to their movies, but I certainly wouldn't mind a nice evening with Britney and Mariah enjoying a few glasses of wine....

....and the lapdances!

NathanP

Supporting Actor
:laugh: :laugh:
You guys are so dang funny!
I'm laughing so hard I'm crying..
I just saw the thread title, I suck so much at spelling!
There isn't anything wrong with teenagers making out at the movies as long as it's not Matt Chmiel.
You want to hear something else?
Turns out Britany wanted to do a nude sceane but the diractor wouldn't let her as it's a "kids" film.
Nathan

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wow. I just watched the trailer. Don't make the same mistake!
Ahhh! My eyes. They're burnning. The goggles! They do nothing! (best read in McBain accent from "The Simpsons" :) )
Actually, it looks like a thoroughly mediocre movie. Fun for Spears fans. But not a truly horrendous movie like Tomcats, Freddy Got Fingered, and so on.

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
LOL Liam. :) I wouldn't see this in the theater if you tied me to the chair and propped my eyes open with toothpicks! Now, I might rent it when it come out on video in two months (lol) for a cheap chuckle. If I want to see Britney, I'll turn on MTV. She's damn near on that station every other minute.

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, that gives me an idea. Why don't they do a remake of Clockwork Orange and put this movie in place of the one they used to "reform" Alex? It would be realistic; Alex squirming, screaming, toothpicks holding up his eyes, etc. :)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I am TRULY sad that I recently got out of the theater business after 10 years, because I will not get to see this movie over and over!

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Somebody mentioned a URL a while back. Can I get that for um research purposes :b for a review site. Yeah that's it research.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Actually, I've also read reports that the underwear scene didn't test well with audiences, and it too is in danger of being cut.

Where do they find these audiences?

Travis D

Second Unit
"Turns out Britany wanted to do a nude scene but the director wouldn't let her as it's a "kids" film."

Sorry dude, but that has to be, HAS TO BE, bullshit. Think man, are you going to see the film as it currently is? No, you and millions of other money paying male and lesbian moviegoers are not going to see it. But.... add in a nude scene, make it PG-13 (hey Titanic did it) and it would add ASSLOADS of cash coming in. Hell, I'd see it. The studio would take Mr. No-name Director and replace him faster than you can say "Brit Nipples."

So no, I don't believe she wanted to do a nude scene.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Nude scene or not, I still wouldn't go see it. Now renting the dvd is another story... :D

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, so the general consensus is that NO ONE is going TO THE THEATRE to see this.
In six months, whether the DVD finds its way under your mattress is another story. ;)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Dang she's getting thick, and I like it. I would not pay to see it though. Bring on that thick back though.:D

ChristopherS

Second Unit
My biggest fear is that Ron will review the DVD and we will see television ads stating, "Home Theater Forum says Best DVD of the Year!" :D
Chris
Had to correct a spelling mistake!

TheoGB

Screenwriter
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd stay far, far away from this one, because you can bet there will be some...additional activities going on
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wish I was involved in those additional activities.
I'm sure you can be Matt - I was assuming these additional activities would take the form of lone males having only the one hand free for eating popcorn...If you get my drift.;)
(Even without sound the trailer made the movie look dull.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks