What's new

How have you been complimented? (1 Viewer)

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor

In Middle English "nice" meant "foolish."

Some lingering truth in that vis-a-vis relationships, it seems....

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Oh oh oh, a masturbation party, I am in!

...and sing. Not a day goes by when a comparison to the likes of Darth Vader and Barry White is not made. And apparently it makes women all tingly. I am not complaining.

Size. No not that. Althought that too, but not that you wanted to know that.

I meant the "Do you play football?" kinda size.

--
H

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
While working as a call center customer service representative, I have been told by a couple of customers that I sounded "Dutch". I wonder if that's a compliment.....

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter

Didn't think about it but I have been complimented on my voice as well. One women who came to the office works on the local news channel. She commented on how I have a nice radio voice and should consider the field. Hmmm.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
You just need to remind her that eventually all nice people snap. ;)

I've been called nice quite a bit, usually by co-workers who rely on me for a/v tech support. Being nice in that context means I've done my job well because I've bailed them out without making them feel inferior. In my social life, I haven't had that "nice" kiss of death yet. When people get to my inner circle sometimes they can see a bit of a mean or sarcastic streak.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
For the record, what Guo quoted was from my previous post. I deleted that portion because I don't want any misunderstanding from my ex-gf, who I am still friends with, just in case she comes across that post. Since it's now been quoted....

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
I new someone would pick up on that.

I just remember a couple years ago some woman just going nuts over my eyelashs It was really strange and I will probably never forget it.

She went on and on and on about how she would love to have eyelashs like mine. Maybe she had a fetish or somethiong.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't think it's a fetish as much as some physical trait that she is insecure about or just wishes were different. Still, I can see it being odd from your POV. Does she do that with everyone she meets with nice, thick eyelashes?

I had a similar experience with someone who had acne problems on the back of her arms. When she felt my arms she marveled at how smooth they were and said she was jealous. BTW, she had amazing eyelashes; I'm sure the woman you met would have accosted her too. :)

Janna S

Second Unit
I have been complimented many times by people (usually men, but also some women) who express amazement and some chagrin that I have been able to get them to talk - about feelings, life experiences, fears, deeds, etc. - that ordinarily they will not share with anyone. I've been told I'd be a great interrogator or investigator, but that's not exactly true, because one of the reasons it works is that usually I engage them in confessions or conversations with no ulterior motive and no thought that I will misuse or repeat what they say. (This skill does come in handy in my profession, but it's more remarkable in personal encounters.)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
My humor, intelligence, kindness, generosity, honesty, professionalism, eyes, and willingness to help others. I give more than my fair share to charity and do a lot of volunteer work (if there is a request I'm usually there) since I believe the only way we'll change society for the better is to participate and I intend to do my part. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks