1. I write this post in moment of sheer fancy, but as a fan of the movie I've often wondered...

I'm not talking about changing a single frame that has actors or actual sets in it, but the extremely creaky city flyover at the beginning and the city destruction at the end.

I'm sure, in theory, these sequences could be redone much more believably with CG (that could be patterned after the original design elements).

I guess the digital overhaul of Star Trek 1 is what got me thinking.

Before the purists attack, the old sequences could be maintained on disc or available preferably with seamless breaching to choose your own flavor.

Despite my significant appreciation for the movie, I've found that it is often the butt of jokes presumably due a few archaic effects shots.

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Sorry, but there is no need to "fix" anything in this film, part of its charm are the effects. The only thing extra I'd like to see with Logan is finding the lost ice sculpture footage and including that as a bonus feature. [​IMG]

3. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

Isn't there supposed to be a remake in the works?

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I would REALLY support taking out the electronic boops and beeps. They REALLY start to grate after awhile [​IMG]

5. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

I love the film for its cheese. I tend to think that "fixing" the effects would make the rest of the movie look bad. The difference with STAR TREK TMP was that the effects weren't finished when the film was originally released to theaters. Such is not the case with LOGAN'S RUN.

6. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

IMHO, in order to "fix" this movie, you'd have to reshoot the whole thing with a new draft of the script.

7. Win Joy Jr

Win Joy Jr Stunt Coordinator

Well, having read the book, I found it to be much more interesting than the movie.

8. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

William Nolan's book is a a superb piece of intelligent, thought-provoking existential science fiction.

The movie version is a fun slice of 70s cheese.

With the right script, it could make a great new film. It's just such a great premise.

Gordon

9. Richard_D_Ramirez

Richard_D_Ramirez Second Unit

I agree, there isn't anything that needs to be fixed. Although, I'd vote for an expanded ice cavern scene. :b I have to admit, this film "opened" my eyes about girls! Thank you, Ms. Agutter! [​IMG]

8^B

10. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

I got my copy at Wal-Mart for $5.00. Best $5.00 I ever spent. Anyone know if this film is slated for a full on restoration any time soon?

Laters,
    Jeff

11. Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur Second Unit

Please, please, please DO NOT change one frame of this film. Thank you.

12. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    I'm a fan of this classic 70's SF and I wouldn't be happy at all to see any sort of tampering done to it, the special effects won an Oscar, all dated badly now (they were dated then too), but still no excuse for filmmakers to go back and start 'fixing' their back catalogue.

Although I'm all for any additional scenes involving Jenny Agutter, Richard that 'Ice Cavern' sequence is a favorite of mine too and [sheepish grin] has been 'freeze framed and slo-mo'd' many times.:b [​IMG]

13. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Apparently the additional Ice Cavern footage was a fave on the Hollywood trading circuit, and is bound to still exist somewhere - I mean, who in their right mind would throw it out? Even a transfer from 16mm would be worth seeing.

14. Mark Tay

Mark Tay Stunt Coordinator

The additional Love Shop footage wouldn't be bad either! In the director's cut it ran almost 5 minutes, but in the released edit it's only about 30 seconds.

15. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

What has George Lucas done?!?

Leave this film alone. Please.

16. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Second Unit

17. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

Well, 'I, Robot' is currently filming in Vancouver with Will Smith.

18. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

19. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Producer
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    I hate most of what they did with ST:TMP on DVD. I like the new length; I think in terms of what scenes are in and what's been trimmed, it's the best version of the film that's ever been released. But I think 90% of the new effects look absolutely horrible, and I would rather they would have kept the older effects than throw in cheap looking, obviously digital effects. The rest of the film was done so meticulously, so perfectly with models and opticals, and nothing they added for the DVD matches.

20. JohnAP

JohnAP Second Unit

Yeah, this isn't a film that needs any fixing. CG would just be so out of place. It's a great dvd to pull out when I want to watch something fun.