What's new

How hard is is to re-align a dish500? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
I have been losing a few channels and I called dish network and they had me bring up the screen where it shows your signal strength. I am only getting about 75% signal. When this was first set up over a year ago i was at 100%+. Anyway, it is a lttle hard to get up on my roof to do adjust the dish but it can be done. Just how hard or easy is it? Or should I just call the company that installed it to come re-adjust it.
Jeff_P

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Jeff,
I installed my dish500 myself and it was easy to do. To re-align the dish, you need to have two people. One person at the dish and one by the tv to tell you how the signal strength increases or decreases. I used my cell phone from the roof and called my wife in the basement. It is basically a matter of loosening the screws, adjusting, and tightening the screws. Fairly easy process. One thing to note is that after you make a small move in the dish, you should wait a minute for the receiver to process the change. I think they recomend you adjust the horizontal first and then the vertical. Although from what it sounds like you may just need to adjust the vertical.
Hope this helps and good luck.
------------------
------ Dave ------
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks