What's new

How good is my new system? Klipsch + Denon (1 Viewer)

Daniel Hawl

Agent
Well, I decided to go a little further than I had planned with my setup, and I think I got an awsome deal. Here's the specs:

Denon AVR1802 Receiver = $599
Klipsch KSW12 = $320
Klipsch Rb-3 Bookshelfs = $320/pair
Klipsch Rc-3 center = $225
Klipsch Rs-3 surrounds = $380/pair

For a total of $1750 after tax.. I think this was a great deal, and should sound good. Amazing that a week ago I was set on the Acoustic Research HC6's and a $300 reciever. Anyways, did I get a good deal on all of this and should it blow me away?

Also, I got this all at Tweeter on clearance.

*edit* Amazing enough I forgot about something.. on top of the prices for all of this, I got $240 off, hence the $1750 out the door cost.

John Royster

Screenwriter
Daniel,

You bought all the wrong gear and should kick yourself for ever puchasing it. You will forever be unable to enjoy movies ever again. :)

:D Don't fret. You did fine and will enjoy every minute of it. The bottom line is you are happy with your purchase. At your price range there are dozens of systems that will sound good.

The klipsch and denon will provide plenty of home theater experience. Enjoy.:emoji_thumbsup:

Nick V

Second Unit
DO IT!!!

I really don't like those Klipsch subs. Boomy is one word that comes to mind. The rava will be much tighter and musical, but might give up some output in the ~50-80Hz region.

gregD

Second Unit

DOUBLE DO IT!!!

The KSW12 is the only weak link in an otherwise cool system for a cool price.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Another "like Klipsch reference speakers, but not their subs" vote here.

And, dang yes, you did well.

John, that was one of the funniest things I've read here. ;)

AjayRAV

Stunt Coordinator
Get the RAVA. It is sooooooo much better than my down-firing Infinity sub. I have Klipsch speakers as well and run them through a Maranz receiver. The RAVA can really keep up with the Klipsch fronts. Incredibly quick and detailed! TRIPLE DO IT!!!!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Ya did ok :) Now don't run em too loud and have the neighbors knock on your doors.

Daniel Hawl

Agent
Not yet, I need to wait for my big check to come in (2 weeks). I picked out an ikea entertainment center as well, and when everything is set up and delivered I will be sure to post pics.

It should be rather pretty :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks