What's new

How good is "Easy CD Creator for XP"? (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I need a good CD burner program for WinXP. I don't like using Media Player. Does anyone have any comments about this program?

Ron Snaider

Auditioning
You will hear mixed reveiws. Some people hate Roxio and swear by Nero, and others have had no problems with Roxio at all.

I fall into the; it was frustrating, but it now works category.

I had upgraded from Easy CD 4 to Version 5 and then when XP was officially released, installed it on my primary machine with the burner. After going through many updates from Roxio, and various instructions on the order to install the updates, things are finially working with the latest patch (5.1).

Why the long story in liue of the short answer? Maybe to give an insight into the complexities of software and that Roxio did try to get things working quickly, but it did take some time, and now everything is fine.

Although there is nothing wrong with Nero, Roxio is the company that developed the built in components to Win XP.

I like the program, it is very intuitive, and simple to use. You can easily burn Music, VCD's, and just data CD's. You can read ISO images, but I have not yet found the option to create one if necessary.

Hope this helped,

Ron

AllenD

Second Unit
Is Easy CD Creator by Roxio and the Adaptec version one and the same? I have the Adaptec version which came with my LG CDR-W. It's my first and only CDR-W software and I like it. I only say this so you can gain perspective from a first timer. I especially like the DirectCD function that keeps a CDR-W open for writing when I have to share software with other PCs not on-line. It helps me archive photos as well. :emoji_thumbsup:

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Thanks for the responses. I plan on buying it so I guess I won't have the upgrade to XP version problems. I used to use Adaptec for Win ME which I liked.

Sorry, but I should add that the store version of Nero is also pre-XP and you have to download the upgrade.

I had used Easy CD Creator before XP, but I could never get it with my system to work in XP. I went to Nero, it works, and I'm just as happy with it as with Easy CD

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
If you are going to be buying a software package, i highly recommend you use Nero. There is a _slight_ learning curve on it, but in the end you will be happier with it.

not to say that Roxio isnt a capable program, but it just cant compete with power of nero

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I have Ahead Nero that came bundled with my NEC Burner.

At work we use Roxio (Adaptec) and IMHO there is no comparison

between the two. Nero is a far more "powerful" utility that

can be used in either "Idiot Friendly" mode or the more

complicated interface mode. You can burn any way you can

think or dream of.

And it works!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks